Code 8024402F error - Windows Update not working! HELP

Warrior

Any nsaner encounter this...

Posted Image

I tried some methods found on google ... but none working

I'm using EAV & Windows Firewall Control...I tried disabling them n still this problem exist.

Any help guys

Thanks

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SnakeMasteR

If you have router that supports Filter ActiveX, then check, if you have this option enabled.

Filter ActiveX Blocks HTTP requests containing a URL ending in ".ocx" or ".cab".

Try unticking that option in your security settings of your router and save the configuration.

If you have router that supports Filter ActiveX, then check, if you have this option enabled.

Filter ActiveX Blocks HTTP requests containing a URL ending in ".ocx" or ".cab".

Try unticking that option in your security settings of your router and save the configuration.

Posted Image

How do I check this. I'm actually not very familiar with router settings. Where can I find these settings.

SnakeMasteR

It depends on the router that you actually use, in most cases it`s listed in firewall settings.

I feel it's one of these 3 possibilities:-

1. Check whether the 'Windows Update' service is on Automatic.

2. Check whether the 'Background Intelligent transfer service' is at least Manual (if not Automatic.)

3. Check whether your 'System Date & Time' is correct.

If the above 3 don't save your a$$, do let me know if you've got Windows 7 Manager installed on your system (assuming it's Windows 7 you're running.)

Tried all methods...including windows 7 manger fixes...no use. Still the same error. Even the crisis aversion tool says its fixed but still no way to check for new updates... :( :( :( :( :(

Tried all methods...including windows 7 manger fixes...no use. Still the same error. Even the crisis aversion tool says its fixed but still no way to check for new updates... :( :( :( :( :(

Check out this page, How to resolve code 8024402F error http://superuser.com/questions/258531/how-to-resolve-windows-update-error-8024402f-on-windows-7-home-premium-64bit

Hope it helps

Tried all methods...including windows 7 manger fixes...no use. Still the same error.

There's a hidden setting in Windows 7 Manager that solved this issue for me. ;)

Also i found this as a possible solution. It`s like looking for a needle in a haystack. :lol:

HOLY SH!T!!! :P :P

This worked perfectly. I've no idea what the problem was but this worked like a charm. Updated all the latest windows updates....thanks a lot no_risk ;)

& all others who helped... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I LOVE NSANE.. :fun:

SnakeMasteR

Glad you solved it but as i mentioned it was not know-how but i have some

trouble myself with my home network when using VPN so it was a lucky hit. ^_^

Archived