svchost.exe

rudrax

How many svchost.exe should usually run in a windows 7 ultimate x86..?

Mine is like this:

post-49779-0-07475300-1331476483_thumb.j

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I have 13 running. :tooth:

Do one thing, download Prio (last).

Install it. Restart the computer. Run task manager, there'll be a new menu on top called Prio, click on it and make sure Check Integrity is checked/enabled. This way, as far as I know, everytime you open the task manager > processes, it will contact Microsoft and ask for integrity check, if the process is proper/unmodified, it will be green, otherwise red. It's normal to have some red, but atleast the windows' processes should be green.

My pc windows 7 x64 13 svchosts.exe running

Install it. Restart the computer. Run task manager, there'll be a new menu on top called Prio, click on it and make sure Check Integrity is checked/enabled. This way, as far as I know, everytime you open the task manager > processes, it will contact Microsoft and ask for integrity check, if the process is proper/unmodified, it will be green, otherwise red. It's normal to have some red, but atleast the windows' processes should be green.

I'l giv t a try

My computer is running nine.

u keep dancing

Prio is good..It shows some 3rd party process in red but also shows dwm.exe and explorer.exe in red!

• Administrator

Prio is good..It shows some 3rd party process in red but also shows dwm.exe and explorer.exe in red!

That's odd. Probably means they have been modified. I just checked on Prio and it says all the files that have diginal signatures on them appear in green and others red. Though my explorer is not signed (open properties and see if there's any digital certificate tab), it shows up in green.

That's odd. Probably means they have been modified. I just checked on Prio and it says all the files that have diginal signatures on them appear in green and others red. Though my explorer is not signed (open properties and see if there's any digital certificate tab), it shows up in green.

Well, my explorer.exe and dwm.exe are not original..they are replaced by a theme I installed..probably that could be the reason..

lorenzoblaze

Indeed the best way is to check whether the file contains the right digital signature at the time it was given by the vendor.

I use Windows 7 manager which includes Process Manager which essentially does the same thing as Prio.

It's in the nsanedown.com main site. There are versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Cheers

• Administrator

Well, my explorer.exe and dwm.exe are not original..they are replaced by a theme I installed..probably that could be the reason..

That's what I guessed. :)

Archived