Mac OS on PC, how ?

michaelteo2000

michaelteo2000

I've seen some ads on my local that Mac is running on PC.

I'm wondering how they did it ?

Anyone out there try before, do share here with us, how you did it ?

Thank you.

• Replies 10
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that was the add of VMware Workstation..If u install this thing in PC, U can run multiple OS..This I just guess, never used b4..

JunkInternetMail

NOT virtual machines...osx86

entire communities of people running OSX on INTEL/AMD/ATOM based machines via reverse engineering

google: osx86

PurplebeanZ

Unibeast to make installer.

Multibeast to sort kexts (drivers).

:)

I got me a Dell Mini 10v off ebay a while ago - runs 10.6.7 OSX like a dream (upgraded with 2Gb of Ram - the stock 1Gb is a tad slow...).

goto the mydellmini.com site for more info that I could hope to provide here. It's dead easy.

/edited, as my stupid spell checker changed the website address :o

Yes hackintosh is the term. http://www.hackintosh.com/

Mac is not a general platform OS like Windows so you need to get specific hardware. The website for hackintosh has all the information, you just have to read it.

Just wanted to say, I spent ages trying to get my 'hackintosh' to work, eventually gave up and just bought a cheap mac.

My advice : Don't even try, hackintosh will work properly with Intel-based systems, so if you have AMD CPU f.e., you'll be in a world of hurt to even make installation going, and even though there's "dummy" guides for those systems, it's seriously annoying to get it working.

If you do manage to install and boot into OS X, numerous problems with keyboard/mouse/sound/network can occur, so I'd suggest simply skipping that idea and getting a cheap mac if you're completely desperate for OS X.

Or, if the visuals are what drives you to it, there's allot of good themes on DeviantArt that cover Mac OS X (Leopard and Snow Leopard) look, you can check that out.

Archived