iTunes songs skipping

Knightmare

Sort of like a scratch on a CD, not the whole song. Didn't seem to have this problem with older version of iTunes, but the two latest have been giving me trouble. Anyone else having this issue?

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sort of like a scratch on a CD, not the whole song. Didn't seem to have this problem with older version of iTunes, but the two latest have been giving me trouble. Anyone else having this issue?

I have one option for you , don't use Itunes!! :P

Seriously , except if you own an Iphone or Ipod , there is no reason tu use Itunes....Mediamonkey for exemple is way better.

But if you have an Apple device...But I think the last versions of MM support both Iphone and Ipod , you should take a look!

Sorry that I don't give a real "help" for your specific Itunes problem... ;)

• Administrator

I agree. Don't use iTunes. It's a massive bloatware crap. I have iPod so I had to keep it installed, only after uninstalling I came to know about how much that thing hogged my system.

Few days ago, someone mentioned that Winamp works with ipod, etc. Worth checking if you want.

When my Cowon J3 went (OMFG) to the washing machine I had to use my good old Ipod and install Itunes...I said never again.

It's not only a music player that you install , it's Itunes , Bonjour services , Apple softawre update, Apple application support, Safari stuff and so on...

No, no. See, when I say I like the way it sorts my music, you say, "Oh, well here's a program that offers that feature too," then you post a link to the program.

No, no. See, when I say I like the way it sorts my music, you say, "Oh, well here's a program that offers that feature too," then you post a link to the program.

I talked about MediaMonkey in an earlier post.Try it , it is frontpaged :)

I installed MM and it told me that 4 files didn't import. How do I find out which 4 did not import?

I installed MM and it told me that 4 files didn't import. How do I find out which 4 did not import?

Hmmm , strange because MM reads almost all music formats (including AAC from Itunes store) , so I don't see why it could not import 4 files...maybe there were something else that music in the folders , like .txt or .log ?

Could be. I don't know. MM did freeze on me while moving files, so I had to do a hard reboot which corrupted all of my music. Not exactly happy right now.

@Knightmare.

hard reboot corrupting your entire music !!!

'hard' to believe that .... :think:

one or two songs , ok understandable , might be a few more , but entire collection ??

i have tried media monkey and it aint that bad at all .

even WinAmp should suffice your needs ...

presently i am using AiMP3 and quite satisfied with it . managing my music is a breeze with it ...!

try running the chkdsk/r and chkdsk/f commands . might help to recover or repair corrupted files .

and is the hard drive on which you have your music , an old model . meaning a bit older make .?

coz , most of the hard drives today have some sort of protection mechanism to prevent data corruption resulting due to abrupt power disruption ...

( i think this feature is there most likely , but i might be wrong ... )

I got my stuff back. Thankfully I had a backup file of my computer. Now I can't get m4p files to play. I have Quicktime installed and I tried downloading the codec but m4p files still won't play.

I talked about MediaMonkey in an earlier post.Try it , it is frontpaged :)

Sorry to slightly threadjack, but how do you set MediaMonkey up so it sets to volume level of your files the 'same' like itunes does.

I used the option, but it still sort of goes waaaay up, and waaay down (loud & quiet).

Am I missing something?

Okay apparently, Media Monkey requires iTunes even though all of the websites say that it requires Quicktime. You need to sign in to the iTunes store to authorize your computer, allowing you to play the files. If anyone knows a way around this, let me know.

Archived