Daum Pot Player, 1st time it let me down

niceguy7327

I bought a Sony Cybershot and at its highest setting records videos @ Full HD 1080/60i in AVCHD format. I played the videos with pot player and they looked great but voice was out of sync. I then tried windows media player and the video played perfectly, looked great and the voice was perfectly in sync. This gives me some concern about pot player but makes me feel good that the camera is OK. btw here is the camera: http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666296206#overview I love it!

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have you tried updating to the latest build and did you also try to update your codecs?

always :)

I was very surprised at pot players poor performance. I think I may have found the problem (if thats how to label it). I have an nVidia GPU that supports CUDA. The camera file format is Full HD 1080/60i in AVCHD. The file extension is .mts which is from my understanding essentially BluRay. I think that for some reason WMP is using the CUDA effectly where pot player isnt thus making the difference. I am just making an (un)educated guess tho.

Grab the latest CoreAVC and configure Pot Player to use it with .mts (and whatever other files you want) then try again. Be sure to enable (or disable) CUDA support from within the CoreAVC settings as well.

i too experienced same with pot

so shifted to kmplayer long back.

KMP IS PERFECT

i too experienced same with pot

so shifted to kmplayer long back.

KMP IS PERFECT

No no no! :P

KMPLayer has gone to crap with the pantoda.tv garbage. I wouldn't install that trojanware thing on my worst enemies PC.

just uninstall pandora THING after installing KMP

is that a big deal???

i wont keep PANDORA TV .i only install KMP

PROBLEM SOLVED

I just updated to the current CoreAVC and used this PotPlayer Guide.. so far so good.. it's quite a lot of hassle to make on the first part, but once set, it's a forget thing.. hope that helps.. B)

Archived