Help with registry

Technology

This looks to be a hardware issue, to me. Clean up your cabinet thoroughly of dirt and remove all your RAM sticks, clean them thoroughly before installing them.

• Replies 29
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending on one's usage it's necessary to clean the cabinet internals regularly. I do it once a month by using a vacuum cleaner through the blower (not suction) to blast away the dust. So, when the cabinet is exposed, it never bites if you remove the RAM for inspection (doesn't usually need frequent cleaning, though.) If you don't clean your rig periodically, only then it's risky. :)

Thanks for help, I use to clean my PC with vacuum cleaner carefully. But you right cleaning is highly recommended.

yeah, physically cleaning a rig, especially if you have done so in a long time, really helps in bringing in new life to old parts.. reasonably speaking, think of all the gunk both the CPU and GPU heatsinks accumulate through use.. The more dust and gunk it has, the harder for it to spin, which eventually leads them to fail, and without proper cooling, we can only imagine temps raising incrementally through time, which leads to system instability.. clearing up those nooks and crannies in the heatsinks alone is upgrade already, what more for the entire rig?

take this "extreme" video as an example..

Archived