secuROM bug!

rudrax

Can anyone help me out with secuROM? It has a entry in my registry ( HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-743138280-3638347837-2741298794-1000\Software\SecuROM ). I can't delete it or be able to see its values..What are its impacts on DVD drive? My DVD drive gone dead 2nd time, is it for secuROM?

I have a sony vaio notebook with windows 7 x86

• Replies 1
  • Views 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SecuROM

It seems that it`s possible to have conflicts with other software :

Known problems

• It may not detect your original game disc in the drive. This can occur on virtually any configuration and reinserting the disc or rebooting usually resolves the problem.[8]

• Disk drive emulators and some debugging software will also cause the launch of the game to fail and a security module error to be generated, because these are typically used to bypass copy protection.[8][10] Disabling such software usually fixes the issue, but in some cases uninstallation is required.[8]

• It conflicts with some background software aside from emulators, the best-known being a conflict with SysInternal's Process Explorer prior to version 11 was used before an attempt to run the protected software. That problem was caused by a driver that was kept in memory after Process Explorer was closed. This is easily fixed by simply ensuring Process Explorer isn't running in the background when the game is launched or updating.[8][11]

• It is known to conflict with certain brands of optical drives. The reasons for this are not mentioned on the SecuROM site, but it's a hardware-level incompatibility. There are workarounds available.[8]

Look also here : SecuROM™ Removal Tool

Archived