Bluray Ripper (Chapters)

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any Bluray Ripper software that has the capability to split them into chapters. I currently use DVDFab which usually does the trick, but recently I've come across a few Bluray's where DVDFab just won't load the ISO. It might be just how the Japanese Manufacturers compiled it.

Bluray is of Music Videos and the first one I encountered, luckily the Streams were split via per Music Video. But the second one is just one huge ass Stream and not split per Music Video like the first. And I have a feeling the other 2 I'm still dl'ing are going to be the same case.

So since DVDFab has failed me here, I was curious if anyone else happened to have any suggestions of softwares that support splitting a Bluray ISO into multiple/chapters in either .ts/.mpeg format. The "best" one I've found but to no avail in finding a medicine for it is PavTube. I'm a bit afraid to start their Trial because i don't know 100% when the other 2 Bluray's will complete dl'ing so I don't want to have the same issue when that time comes if the Trial expires.

Manually editing the huge 1.5hour stream into individual Music VIdeos (I think it's about 20~) is a pain in the ass since that's what I did when I first encountered Bluray and didn't know about DVDFab which usually handled Bluray's easily and being able to split it into Chapters.

Arge..

Anyway, any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Views 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SacredCultivator

Sorry for the bump on this, didn't have any replies so i thought to just bump.

Over half a year now and despite updates from DVDFab, still having issues, it'll recognize the Bluray but when splitting it by chapters, it'll actually have some of the next scene/music video, so for the next chapter it'll be missing some of it's beginning.

Then I tried Xilisoft Video Converter, and it generally did the trick, but not this time around, like if I split chapters WITHOUT audio, it's fine, but when I do it WITH audio, I get a 16MB "video" but it's just static audio.

And a friend recommended "Clown_BD" and sorta the same issue, if I don't select the audio stream, it'll split it correctly. If I select the audio stream, it'll create chapters BUT it's pretty much ripping the entire Bluray for Chapter 1.

Chapter 2 it'll create the entire ISO EXCEPT for Chapter 1

Chapter 3 it'll create the entire ISO EXCEPT for Chapter 2

etc.

So it's like wtf!? And for the friend that provided the Bluray, he had no issues, so I don't know why I have so much bad luck ><

Unno if anyone knows any alternatives to this for splitting Bluray by Chapter.

Basically, if there was a Bluray version of DVD Decrypter, I'd be in heaven. THat programs works sooo well with DVD's, if only there was a version for Bluray, that'd be awesome.

Archived