Firefox Seemingly Stopped Suggesting Spellcheck

Ambrocious

Ussually if I spell a word wrong, it will be underlined in red. It's not doing this anymore, even on words that I can tell are spelled wrong. What did I do and how do I fix this? Maybe it's because I'm using FF BETA 10?

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Type something in the reply to this thread box.

Right click on text -> make sure "Check Spelling" is ticked. If yes, right click again -> Languages -> click on English / United States. The last step is necessary even when English / United States is already selected.

@OP

LOL i just noticed that it stopped spell checking recently but didn't know why.

@DK27

Thanks for the tip. Check Spelling was check but nothing was checked in language, hence why there was no spell check. After I checked English everything went back to the way it was. :cheers:

I noticed it before too, using this reply box. The "Check Spelling" is checked.

Just like beer said, upon checking further, in the "Languages", "English/United States" is not selected. I selected it and it's working fine now. :)

• Administrator

Somehow, due to some unknown bug, somewhere during the recent Firefox updates, spell check stopped working (didn't have any language selected etc.) , maybe around Firefox 8 final. I noticed this. And with some tries, I found that going into Languages and selecting the desired language fixed the problem. :)

• 4 months later...

From the staff forum :)

I upgraded to Firefox 12 the other day - from 3.6. The British English Dictionary 1.19.1 addon does not seem to work for me at this forum now. Works fine everywhere else.. tsest ssss . Something with my settings I should adjust?

Read my post. :)

That did the trick. Thank you!!!

Archived