Adobe Reader Alternative

Tweety.Abd

Hey!

I've been searching for a good PDF reader, but I don't know which one would be a good alternative to the Adobe Reader. It's a very good reader, but I just want something which is very light on my system resources and one which has equally good features. In addition to your opinion about what would be a good alternative to Adobe Reader, I'd like to know if it's worth ditching Adobe Reader for other reader.

Thanks in advance :)

• Replies 6
  • Views 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

depends what you need. just to read pdf's? sumatra is by far the lightest it doesnt even need to be installed to run. i use fox it myself since i need to fill out pdf's. i find nitro to have issues wit graphics when set to fit to width things are never smooth but they are pixelated and jagged plus it adds things i dont need like its own printer driver etc

I used to use Foxit Phantom until there were some long startup loading problems in v2.x. I use adobe reader lite 9.2 and it seems to do the job well without all the bloat.

Well most of the time I use it for reading, but I might have to use it for other purposes to as situation demands - I think I'm going to stick with Adobe Reader for now, while I test out the other readers suggested on VM. Thanks guys for all your valuable suggestion :) I'll update if I've switched to another reader and will post the reasons for doing so.

Thank you all for your help and support.

Archived