Firefox 8+

Sonar

I seem to be having a problem with windows 7.

When im writing into text fields like Facebook/Here firefox seems to be doing something dodgy - its kinda refreshing its self / blinking - leading to text thats being typed going insane.

I do know when i have more then one taskbar item open - firefox does put it self at the front (1st tab) - its kinda annoying.

I am using the old Vista/xp style tabs instead of the icons - (im going to try changing back to icons to see if that solves it)

I hope someone can understand me, its recking my head!

• Replies 5
  • Views 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox?

yeah tried evrything

this doesnt happen 24/7 - it just comes and goes.

• Administrator

About the first tab thing, do you have tabs in thumbnails enabled for Firefox?

As for the first problem, I'm not getting the problem you are having, is it something that a screenshot can describe? :)

i changed back for the big taskbar to Thumnail Small icons.

Still the same. if i open 2-3 items - the bar tends to blink firefox being the main app im using at the time some hows moves it self to front of everything else.

a screen shot wont show anything apart from a still desktop/screen.

when a comp crashes - sometimes you loose the bottom bar untill its loaded it back, well its kinda doing that but nothing disapeers.

its like when a page is loading and u try typing in a text box while a page is still loading (but its not the page its my bar thats been drinking)

This only happens when firefox is running - ive yet to see it happen using chrome.

updating to firefox beta 3 - well see if that changes anytihng.

i chnaged back for the big taskbar to Thumnail Small icons.

Still the same. if i open 2-3 items - the bar tends to blink firefox being the main app im using at the time some hows moves it self to front of everything else.

a screen shot wont show anything apart from a still desktop/screen.

when a comp crashes - sometimes you loose the bottom bar untill its loaded it back, well its kinda doing that but nothing disapeers.

its like when a page is loading and u try typing in a text box while a page is still loading (but its the page its my bar thats been drinking)

This only happens when firefox is running - ive yet to see it happen using chrome.

updating to firefox beta 3 - well see if that changes anytihng.

Maybe you should get a stable version of FF. Or you could backtrack and see if something that you installed maybe causing an issue.

Archived