Autocomplete Address Bar

csmdew

My autocomplete address bar used to be broken down into recent, favorites, and history section so when I used the dovetail I could locate items more easily. Somehow this got changed to only showing a list of recent visits and I would like to change the format back, any suggestions on how to do this.

Win 7 ultimate w/sp1 32bit...IE9

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Moved to Software Chat.

Open IE > Click Tools – Internet Options. Then click the Content tab. Where it says Auto Complete click Settings, and check / tick / enable browsing history, favorites, etc.

If they are still not showing, you might have cleared the Autocomplete history (CCleaner like softwares are known to clean those things).

Moved to Software Chat.

Open IE > Click Tools – Internet Options. Then click the Content tab. Where it says Auto Complete click Settings, and check / tick / enable browsing history, favorites, etc.

If they are still not showing, you might have cleared the Autocomplete history (CCleaner like softwares are known to clean those things).

Have done that many times and don't help; also doesn't auto complete forms either.

try a registry cleaner maybe? then reset?

Use those all the time, think that may have been the cause of this mess.

Can't believe no one knows how to reset this.

Thats coz no one uses ie mate :lol:

Most used browser out there.

• Administrator

try a registry cleaner maybe? then reset?

Use those all the time, think that may have been the couse of this mess.

Yeah that should be the reason.

IE's usage is sliding all the time, and it's a not a browser people recommend these days, so it's likely that you won't get too much support on it, unfortunetely, Firefox isn't recommended these days either.

Can't believe no one knows how to reset this.

Thats coz no one uses ie mate :lol:

LOL! That's true :P

Archived