question what os you use

visualbuffs

for all the people being an advanced user ,, veteran and good hackers ..or let say more aware on computer

what do you think of professional on computing using now? windows xp 32 or 64 bit windows vista 32 or 64 win7 32 or 64 bit

please answer thanks in advanced :)

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Windows 7 x64 is the best Windows OS to date, and yes it is much, much better (in every aspect) than XP. So I strongly recommend you Windows 7 (x64 if you have 4 GB or more RAM).

I'm Dual Booting With Windows 7 / Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit ...

Yeah same except kubuntu here...

Dislike unity, like gnome 3, but still have graphical corruption etc with ATI drivers... so moved to KDE :D

i also try dual booting with ubuntu but ubuntu run slowly...

well thanks for all your response

now i know i'm using a right version of windows.. im using windows 7 x64 pro cos my ram was 6gb

thanks thanks mate

now i know i'm using a right version of windows.. im using windows 7 x64 pro cos my ram was 6gb

thanks thanks mate

You're welcomed my friend :)

Windows 7 64bit since the day one and I don't regret it. Few bumps on start but it works great, stable, more secure.

What do you mean 'few bumps on start'? I just curious to know :)

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64) here, the last one, the best one; very stable and very nice, I'm good with it. ;)

thanks thanks mate

You're welcomed my friend :)

Windows 7 64bit since the day one and I don't regret it. Few bumps on start but it works great, stable, more secure.

What do you mean 'few bumps on start'? I just curious to know :)

Most of them were casual as non compatible software that would break down since it didn't support Windows 7. VMware Workstation which I rely a lot had problems until few updates. Drivers for some devices, etc. I didn't have any problems that were "huge" in a way that would prevent me in doing my work. Plus the XP mode in it did help at start :)

I don't know if history will repeat but MS usually makes one version of OS great then the next one is something like a mine field with blind test (Vista, Millenium). Wonder if it will happen with version 8.

As for corporate usage, IMHO you should start testing and trying it since the early stages (e.g. beta), and fiddle with it and in-house or external software so you can start planning and upgrading in the future, before the dead end (support) drops down. (I don't mean the same day when it comes out).

Archived