Limewire Vs Utorrent

zombiegod

Is there a big difference in the speed of Torrent downloads when you compare Limewire & Utorrent?

Any info gratefully appreciated,

Rob.

• Replies 14
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

depending on what it is your downloading.how popular the item is and how many peeps have it.

depending on what it is your downloading.how popular the item is and how many peeps have it.

Let me be more specific, because that comment doesn't answer my question.

What if I downloaded the same Torrent. Which Application would complete the process first. Limewire, or Utorrent?

don't know how good limewire's BT capabilities are since they just added BT in it a while ago.. so either the same speed or utorrent..

utorrent might be faster as long as your connection settings are set right..

but basically it's still the same protocol, but it may differ a bit..

does, as many other issues... uTorrent is one of the best settings providing torrent client, so- there is no comparison. Once u undestand how things work- dedicated client better option! ( I might sugest bitTornado)

does, as many other issues... uTorrent is one of the best settings providing torrent client, so- there is no comparison. Once u undestand how things work- dedicated client better option! ( I might sugest bitTornado)

well, i've been in love with uTorrent since i found it.. amazing UI, uses very little resources.. it's indeed the best..

but i kinda thought maybe one could achieve the same speed.. but going w/ utorrent is much better idea..

uTorrent is definitely lower on system resources since it's not java based, and you're able to configure uTorrent way more than LimeWire's built in protocol... So i'd say just stick with uTorrent, if there is a difference it will most likely be in favor of uTorrent.

µTorrent is the way to go....i used LimeWire but it pales in comparison to µTorrent

µTorrent is the way to go....i used LimeWire but it pales in comparison to µTorrent

LimeWire is good for songs and other small stuff but not for movies or whole albums.

Btw: I'm still working on your song... Really hard to find, i might have to download the whole movie and cut it out of there! But that's a problem too, because the movie is kind of old and i can't seem to find it on any torrent site :(

like I said the song seems to be almost non-existent :(

LimeWire is good for songs and other small stuff but not for movies or whole albums.

Btw: I'm still working on your song... Really hard to find, i might have to download the whole movie and cut it out of there! But that's a problem too, because the movie is kind of old and i can't seem to find it on any torrent site :(

I think utorrent is good for torrents but your comment that Limewire is good only for songs i don't quite agree with it because on limewire you get a good speed if you have enough people sharing that particular file :dance2: <_< <_<

I think utorrent is good for torrents but your comment that Limewire is good only for songs i don't quite agree with it because on limewire you get a good speed if you have enough people sharing that particular file :dance2: <_< <_<

Yes that's true, but overall torrents have much more files and seeds available(for movies, programs, cracks/patches and stuff) than LimeWire does. I'm using both here too ;)

uTorrent is developed for torrents, Limewire for Peer 2 Peer.

So probability uTorrent will be faster -IF there is any difference in the speed, because the speed dependent of the number of seeders -.

Archived