Why did Utorrent stop working?

The Violet Storm

The Violet Storm

Hey guys, I have a little problem, I have been using Utorrent for quite a long time now, and it has always worked just fine.

Now the other day, I was downloading some music and every few minutes it errors out?? I tried a couple of other bittorent clients and they are doing the same thing now??

I am using an HP core 2 duo 2.2 gh notebook, running on vista, 4gb of memory, 240 gig harddrive, with comcast internet and have never had a problem before.

Is it because of Vista?? It has always worked just fine, but we all know how unpredictable vista can be....

The only client I can get to work now is G3 Torrent v1.01, and I dont love it!!! Its very different and not user friendly at all. And for some reason, every time i reopen it deletes all the prior music I had downloaded?? The folders are still there, but the folders are empty? I am at a total loss,, I want Utorrent back!!!!

Anybody have any ideas??

• Replies 11
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hello, try updating to the last version of utorrent 1st, and then if it does not solve it (probably it won't, since other BT clients don't work) try some new torrent that has many seeds so you can be sure it is ok, also dload the torrent file from another tracker, not the one that gave errors. the very big chance is your ISP is working on the network, and if it does not sort out make out a good story of why you are using BT and call them. also, make sure all other dloads work, test your connection as much as you know, so you can eliminate all other possibilities. do not forget to allow all acces from your firewall to utorrent and see what is happening.

this a little summary of what you can do. there are many other things you might wanna check, but see this 1st.

The Violet Storm

Still no luck, I am so frustrated.......

I downloaded the newest version and I still get a "not responding" error. shut down firewall, tried everything you suggested. I am doing nothing different, not sure why its doing this all of a sudden.

So bumbed.......I really enjoy downloading torrents.

Help!

Over the past weeks more and more Comcast users started to notice that their BitTorrent transfers were cut off. Most users report a significant decrease in download speeds, and even worse, they are unable to seed their downloads. A nightmare for people who want to keep up a positive ratio at private trackers and for the speed of BitTorrent transfers in general.

This is the worst possibility :dance2:

Over the past weeks more and more Comcast users started to notice that their BitTorrent transfers were cut off. Most users report a significant decrease in download speeds, and even worse, they are unable to seed their downloads. A nightmare for people who want to keep up a positive ratio at private trackers and for the speed of BitTorrent transfers in general.

This is the worst possibility :(

hey T,i like your new sig.did you make it ?

it just crashes? that's gotta be something with ur system.. maybe fw/av, any app running in bg.. strange if it worked fine earlier..

hey T,i like your new sig.did you make it ?

It's not that new... :) I made it but the picture of the avatar was taken from the www and I photoshoped it, [email protected] was made by myself and nsane abuser also, all in Photoshop. Also, I snatched the paper-rolling-monkey from nsane's sig some time ago :)

All can be done pretty easily in Photoshop or other apps like Illustrator or Corel Draw... Fireworks... even Gimp.

I recommend using some Adobe Creative Suite, they are an extraordinary piece of software.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived