IP Blockers

Ronin

Does anyone know a good IP Blocker? I currently use PG2 and lately I've been reading that it is considered Maleware by various av's. I don't know if thats true or not but I'd still like to try others.

• Replies 23
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Some firewalls have IP blocking capabilities built in or add-ons available for them (ie Online Armor, Outpost/Blockpost and Comodo).

However, Peer Guardian is clean and free of malware.

Some firewalls have IP blocking capabilities built in or add-ons available for them (ie Online Armor, Outpost/Blockpost and Comodo).

However, Peer Guardian is clean and free of malware.

there is currently no peer guardian for windows vista 64.tit is in the making according to meth labs.

• 3 months later...

Eset once had an update which made PG2 malware because PG2 blocked their update server.

But that problem is already solved and PG2 is safe to use.

But I actually wonder how much these IP blocking softwares really work..

I never really used those with bittorrent, back when I was using Limewire and Ares I did like Protowall.

Eset once had an update which made PG2 malware because PG2 blocked their update server.

But that problem is already solved and PG2 is safe to use.

But I actually wonder how much these IP blocking softwares really work..

Thansk for the info dllhost, was really usefull.

But I don't recommend your method. Windows just hates when you start to tweak it's files and really becomes unstable. Also it doesn't auto-update, and it is really a pain to get all those millions of IP's.

• 2 weeks later...

Phoenixlabs has a PG2-rc1-test2-2 that will work on Vista. You have to do a few tweaks here and there but it will work.

BTW they are looking for some coders to help finish building PG3. If you are interested go to there site and pm PepsiOne

or fakhir.

• 3 months later...
Phoenixlabs has a PG2-rc1-test2-2 that will work on Vista. You have to do a few tweaks here and there but it will work.

BTW they are looking for some coders to help finish building PG3. If you are interested go to there site and pm PepsiOne

or fakhir.

Is this solely for torrenting or other uses because Ghost Surf works pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...

or fakhir.

I've been using the PG beta release mentioned in the quote above that works on Vista x64. It is a pain because it doesn't always load properly and if you try to do anything with it while you are downloading torrents, it is likely to crash. But if you get it up and running and are careful, it works quite well.

For me it is my second line of defense, the first being the built in IP blocker in Vuze (Azeurus).

But I have a sort of newbie question: Assuming one is blocking effectively with recently updated lists, how safe is it to download movie and TV show torrents?

And also, does anyone know how to get the built in IP blocker in Vuze to use more than one list?

even if you use some kind of IP blocker on Torrent it would be very hard because when you download of torrent your IP is shown to ALL downloading the same thing... :dance2:

I dont have any IP blocker installed. Should I install one?

A long time ago I had PG2. Is this one still good or you suggest me another one? -> Vista x64!

BlackLine if you use torrents alot then it's a must to use PG2. With the way ISP's are being forced to track torrent users and cut their service if caught downloading illicit material. It's a must to use some kind of defense. I use PG2 with my vista x 64 and also use ip blocker built in to utorrent. Of course I don't download illicit material........but it's a good precaution.

Yeah I do use torrents alot. Circa 20GB/per day downloadings.

BTW: Which version of PG2 using? Beta or final?

Windows XP = PG2

Vista = nothing is out for this system.,.. lol

There is a version of PG2 that runs on vista x86 and x64. You have to do some tweaking to get it to work, however, and as I said above, it's still a little buggy but you can get it to run and it is a heck of lot better than nothing. Here's a link with instructions on how to do it.

http://forums.phoenixlabs.org/showthread.p...8788#post108788

I also use the built in IP Filters in Vuze and PG2 on Vista x64, just to insure my privacy, not because I would download any copyrighted material either, of course.

Right... None of us.. but PG2 i know they have one for vista and there is tweak the reason why it does not work on vista is because of there driver.. its not fully done.

Archived