Judge Savagely Beats His Daughter For Illegal Downloads

nsane.forums

Downloading copyright material without the permission of rightsholders is often portrayed as a heinous crime and treated as such by many judges across the United States. But what is an appropriate punishment for this apparently increasingly wicked act? Multi-million dollar fines? Jail? For one sixteen year-old girl using file-sharing software KaZaA, it was a savage beating, delivered by the leather belt of her father, Judge William Adams. And it was all caught on camera.

These days it’s a rare week if news of some insane overreaction to illegal file-sharing isn’t being reported in the media.

We’ve seen some of the worst examples – the multi-million dollar fines, the jail sentences, PROTECTIP, SOPA, right through to the ordinary guy in the street being blackmailed by copyright trolls for a few thousands dollars.

None of these ‘punishments’ can proceed without the supposedly most upstanding members of our community that we call judges signing off on them. Judges rule on these cases, they decide on the levels of fines, they sign off on the ‘John Doe’ lawsuits.

Equally, some of them have even ruled against cruel and unusual punishments for file-sharers but not so Texas Judge William Adams, who prefers to administer punishment himself, in his own home, savagely – with a leather belt.

Below we have embedded a video shot in 2004, apparently just uploaded to YouTube by Adams’ then 16-year-old daughter Hillary Adams, the target of the cruel punishment.

“Arkansas County Court-At-Law Judge William Adams took a belt to his own teenage daughter as punishment for using the internet to acquire music and games that were unavailable for legal purchase at the time,” the video’s description begins.

“She has had ataxic cerebral palsy from birth that led her to a passion for technology, which was strictly forbidden by her father’s backwards views.”

Hillary had been using the KaZaA file-sharing software to obtain music and games, a point mentioned by her mother towards the end of the video.

Gawker spoke with Hillary’s friend J. Andre Bardin who confirmed the man in the video is Judge Adams.

“That’s his voice, that’s his mannerisms, and that is his house,” Bardin said.

Hillary, who is now 23, says she decided to release the video because her father is up for re-election next week and she doesn’t want that to happen. A Facebook page called “Don’t Re-Elect Judge William Adams” can be found here.

A Reddit thread, dissecting Judge Adams’ life and rulings in the way only they know how, can be found here.

Of course, it would be completely unfair and wrong to suggest that this sort of disgusting behavior is common among judges. Many of them are upstanding citizens whose judgment is highly valued in a civilized society and this guy would have probably behaved the same way if he had pursued another profession.

Mirror here (Liveleak)

view.gif View: Original Article

• Replies 14
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm derfinately not voting for this guy....

What an Idiotic Father!!! What would my father do if i told him i downloaded a game or a movie or some music? Sit down and have family movie night. This guy was obviously just looking to beat the girl for no reason.

I remember the good ol days.......when I would get out of hand as a youngster, a beating like this was normal (NEVER FOR THIS LONG HOWEVER!!!!). Of course, I don't agree with this beating, ESPECIALLY for file sharing. I like the motto of Minus.com

P.S. This judge needs to be beaten for twice as long for being a moron!

In California both of these parents would be arrested and prosecuted for felony child abuse if the authorities found out about this. And the judge would also be removed from office. But I guess this is pretty acceptable in Texas.

children should be spanked for not listerning and dispecting parents. i didnt hear p2p kazaa on the video. just that they turn on something that she had been told to keep off. just like if you child goes pays xbox or ps3 console when you told him no because he or she did something before hand.

the family looks to be a bit on the strict family parent situp. most likely relegion though may not be.

now my problem and question is why was there a video camera going on in the background? guessing it was the teenage girl that had it. was she making video dairies? or trying to video someone sexually?abusing her? i think there is more to this weird family.

When I was a boy (I'm now 80) a beating with a belt was the norm for boys who misbehaved. My brother and I received such punishment until we were about 11 years old and went off to boarding school. I can't say that we didn't deserve punishment but it is viewed as excessive punishment today. However, the line was drawn at whipping girls--that never happened in our home. We didn't live in Texas then (North East) but I do now and believe me that whipping anyone with a belt is considered as severe child abuse and is treated accordingly. Any parent who punishes a child with a belt today ( or even in 2006) should be punished themselves and NEVER should be elected as a judge.

Sometimes children do need to be punished (physically) but there is a big difference between "spanking" and "beating", and that video definitely crosses over to the "beating" part.

Hmm that was awful! It was pretty obvious the guy was just totally aggressive, maybe drunk who knows but he took it past the point of teaching her a lesson...

I was 'hit' as a kid but never to that degree and I have to say I totally disagree with you others saying children NEED to be beaten or spanked - they don't.

If you command respect in other ways then you won't have to hit your kids. I have never hit my son, he misbehaves sometimes like any kid but he fears me because he fears me telling him he has let me down or is a disappointment with whatever it is he has done! Obviously there are times when I want to hit the little shit but I just shout, lose my temper then later I talk to him... Talking is worth a million slaps or spanks. Teaches nothing but fear.

Getting back to this guy, what an asshole, I hope he gets what he deserves.

FFS, stop it with the "children need to be spanked" etc. Discipline can be achieved with words and adult tricks. You're not able to do it, and need to beat your child instead? Then you're failing HARD at parenting. Seeing some of you supporting physical corrections is truly disappointing.

• Administrator

No Charges For Child-Whipping Judge Caught On YouTube

Federal prosecutors said Friday they would not charge a Texas judge seen lashing his teenage daughter with a belt on a video posted online, closing the door on the possibility of criminal charges in the case.

Angela Dodge, a U.S. attorney's office spokeswoman, said prosecutors determined there was no federal crime depicted on the 2004 video of Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams. The decision came a day after the local district attorney decided the statute of limitations blocked any state charges.

Rockport Police Chief Tim Jayroe said he had discussed video of Adams beating his then 16-year-old daughter with a prosecutor from the U.S. attorney's Corpus Christi office Friday morning.

"There was nothing that we discussed briefly this morning that to him would indicate there could be any federal involvement, but that he had seen the video and they would look into it," Jayroe said.

Hillary Adams, now 23, posted the 8-minute clip on YouTube last week that shows her father viciously lashing her with a belt and trying to force her to bend over her bed to be beaten despite her pleas to stop. The clip had received more than 4 million views by Friday.

Aransas County District Attorney Patrick Flanigan said Thursday the statute of limitations on charges such as injury to a child expired after five years.

"I would expect that yeah, charges would have been pursued but for the inability to proceed due to the statute of limitations," Flanigan said Friday. "You know, whether that would have been a felony or a misdemeanor charge I can't say but I think there would've been some action pursued."

County Attorney Richard Bianchi, meanwhile, said a visiting judge would handle all Adams' cases, not just those involving the state's child protective services as originally planned, for the next two weeks. Adams often presides over child abuse cases.

"Now the issue is to wait on the actions of the State Commission on Judicial Conduct," Bianchi said, referring to a state panel investigating the judge. Bianchi said he'd be "surprised" if Adams, 51, returned to the bench before the commission concludes its investigation.

Adams issued a three-page statement Thursday saying his daughter posted the clip to get back at him for telling her he would be reducing the amount of financial support he gives her and taking away her Mercedes.

The statement did not include an apology for the beating, but he told Corpus Christi television station KZTV this week that the video "looks worse than it is," that he already had apologized to his daughter and that he was just disciplining his child for stealing.

Hillary Adams says her parents were angry because she had downloaded pirated content online, and that she turned on the camera because she sensed something was going to happen.

The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, which requested that he be removed from its cases until the investigation concludes, is also investigating the case.

Agency spokesman Patrick Crimmins has declined to elaborate on the exact nature of that investigation, but he said the agency generally would only investigate a case in which a suspected abuse victim has already reached adulthood if there are still children in the home who could be at risk.

Adams was granted joint custody of his 10-year-old daughter in his 2007 divorce. There are no allegations of alleged abuse by Adams against his younger daughter.

In his statement Thursday, Adams said he would "respond" to all investigations. As Aransas County's top judge, he has dealt with at least 349 family law cases in the past year alone, nearly 50 of which involved state caseworkers seeking determine whether parents were fit to raise their children.

If the judicial commission investigation doesn't lead to punishment, Adams could be safe on the bench until he's up for re-election in three years.

:view: View: Original Article

quite simply such simpletons would not get simple punishment likely... good kicking into the teeth- would be a different matter :pirate:

Archived