Searching a Specific Software.

Matsuda

• Replies 10
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matsuda, if you want a screenshot like the one in your first post, run PotPlayer then use ALT + PRTSCRN to capture the window and video. Then load up your favourite image editor (GIMP, PSP, PhotoShop, etc) and then use an option like PASTE AS NEW IMAGE... works a treat for me :-)

Matsuda, if you want a screenshot like the one in your first post, run PotPlayer then use ALT + PRTSCRN to capture the window and video. Then load up your favourite image editor (GIMP, PSP, PhotoShop, etc) and then use an option like PASTE AS NEW IMAGE... works a treat for me :-)

I try this but Potplayer only capture the Window.

Use VLC media player. It can take video snapshots. I know this for a fact because I have used it in the past.

Media Player in K-Lite Codec is also capable to do that, only some movies require you to set the right DirectShow Video to be able to do that

Finally i find the solution in this page: http://hyperionics.c.../hs4faq.asp#DVD

Video playing on Windows machine, no matter if it comes from a movie file, Internet, VCD or DVD, can not be captured by regular screen capture methods, because it is usually playing in a hardware overlay. The overlay it almost as if there was another, smaller screen in front of your regular Windows desktop screen. The desktop contains in that place only the so called "overlay key color" - a solid block of color, usually black, blue, magenta or pink, but it can be anything.

How to deal with this problem? In some movie players (e.g. Windows Media Player, Real Player) you may disable "hardware acceleration" through their "settings" or "options" menu. This turns off the overlay use, the movie is played then normally, within Windows desktop and every screen capture program can get it.

Thanks for all guys for Helping me. :towel:

In Media Player Classic, you can change that "Overlay" method (the method is being used since ages) to allow screen capturing.

It is widely used to make a mosaic of the movie, taking pictures each 5min, or something similar.

And it does work.

PS: don't use trendy players, use power players: MPC (my fav, all in one EXE) or VLC (with thousands of plugin files).

MPC is good, but Daum PotPlayer give me better video quality without slow downs and is much easy for disable the "hardware acceleration" in Windows XP and now i no need softwares for capture, now i only use the ALT + Print Screen button. :photo:

Archived