DVD Shrink 3.2

Wolverine1977

Wolverine1977

Has anyone thought of updating DVD Shrink 3.2 to use the Windows 7 taskbar API - Progress indicator when ripping / Jumplists

Not sure of the feasibility of this but this Application is Awesome but could use a little updating. B)

• Replies 9
  • Views 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wolverine1977

I would love if someone could update the ripping feature to give taskbar % complete feedback - I use it in conjunction with DVDFab or AnyDVD as it gives the most reliable results.

Wolverine1977

I read that also - Nero, however Nero Recode isn't anywhere near as good as DVD Shrink. Are there any other programmers out there that could enhance Shrink ? :huh:

Why on earth ANYBODY still uses DVDStink nowadays or even years back when it was new. It has a feeble transcoding engine and there was much better engines back then and indefinitely better ones now.

Can anybody give me a good explanation of why they would use such a crap and outdated program when there are much, much better alternatives?

Wolverine1977

DVDFab screws up the default language when removing the warnings and skipping to the Main menu - often defaults to Spanish or French or anything other than English. AnyDVD is a nice but doesn't compress and lacks features. DVD Clone just sucks and is awful to use.... what other alternatives decode and compress ??

I'm open to suggestions to a reliable often updated solution.

Well if you want the highest quality then DVD Rebuilder is what you want as it can re-encode rather the transcode. It uses CCE.

But if transcoding is what you want I would recommend DVDFab, though you seem to have issues with it, I personally have not had any problems when removing stuff. Other alternatives are CloneDVD2 (By slysoft/Elaborate Bytes), DVD2One, Nero Recode. All are much better in quality then DVDStink.

Archived