Question about editing picture using Photoshop

sanjoa

Hi, guys! I've got a pic and I need to edit it, the problem is, it has so much brightness in one part and it is so dark in other. I've managed how to fix that but I don't like the final result (using Adobe Photoshop Extended CS5.1 x64). How can I fix that? (if needed, I can post the pic, just tell me and I'll edit this post)

EDIT: updated pic and final result

ILGLE.jpg

This is the final result about what I did.

kn092.jpg

(BTW, sorry for my dumbness about using Photoshop, I'm so rookie using Photoshop)

(OT: he's my godson :wub: )

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhh he's so CUTE! :) btw sorry can't help... I don't use Adobe Photoshop :(

I'll see what I can do these days, if somebody else knows to use gradient masks and edit the pic, please do, as I don't have much time.

Let's start out by making a duplicate layer of the photograph. Select the top layer click on soft light - this makes a big difference! . . . Now adjust your opacity slider left or right until the picture looks good to you.

I have an edited picture - It won't post maybe file size is too big, or maybe I don't know what I'm doing.

Tried to attach nothings happening ??????

Upload it into an external image host, such as imgur.com or PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address

hello there is a way to do it easily : you have to use camera raw (included in photoshop) it is mainly used for raw picture but it works well on jpeg.there is a tool called adjustment brush which create a mask then you can adjust brightness and other parameters. for me it is easier and quicker than photoshop

And where's that camera raw?

To process raw images in Camera Raw, select one or more camera raw files in Adobe Bridge, and then choose File > Open In Camera Raw or press Ctrl+R (Windows) or Command+R (Mac OS). When you finish making adjustments in the Camera Raw dialog box, click Done to accept changes and close the dialog box. You can also click Open Image to open a copy of the adjusted image in Photoshop.

Here's the image, you can fine tune it. I hope you understand the masking concept now from the PSD under the picture.

K8VHI.jpg

DOWNLOAD PSD

PS: A good picture always starts with the camera and the setup. This one is badly "burned", because of the sun. Not even PS can't miraculously recover initially bad pics.

Thank you, toyo. This photo was taken with 5 MPX cellphone cam (Nokia N95 8GB)

Yeah, phones have difficulties taking proper pictures. That's why you shoot LOTS of them, then import in Camera Raw from Bridge to select the good ones, make small adjustments before PS, if needed. The camera settings are really important too, but I know very little about that, except that the presets don't work OK :P

Only my N8 has not that difficult :P ... Just jokin' ... Nice work you have done

Archived