Backify & BeeCloud : Up to 512GB of Free Online Storage

madeinheaven

Backify & BeeCloud: Up to 512GB of Free Online Storage

20111015073100iphone.png

Backify is a new company which offers a series of different online storage services. What makes Backify interesting when compared with other similar companies is the fact that they offer up to 512GB of free storage. Yes, you read it right, that is 512GB of totally free storage. For example

Mozy charges $6 a month for 50GB. Backify also provides other deals with unlimited storage and a Dropbox-like briefcase storage - i.e. Backify creates a folder on your computer and the files in that folder are then synced to all linked computers.

20111015073026iphone.png

All plans include automated backup utility, which is available for Windows, Mac OS X and iOS (no word on Android support). Your data can also be accessed through Backify's website, meaning that your files are available anywhere you go. Briefcase plans also include document editing support within the browser.

Backify's speciality is streaming. You can stream music and movies to your iPhone and iPad straight from the cloud, no download is required. Cellular network is supported too so you aren't even stuck with Wi-Fi. Streaming also works through Backify's website, and all you need is a gadget with Internet access.

If Backify can provide all this, it sounds like a killer online storage service. The storage you get is massive, 512GB, and that's without paying anything. For as low as $3 a month, you can get unlimited storage. For example Apple's iCloud offers only 5GB and Dropbox 2GB of free storage. We hope to review Backify in the near future to see if they keep their promises.

20111015072738iphone.png

Get 512GB Free Online Storage at Backify

TOS for more info about the “shared” concept

I suggest to read the

Get 512GB Free Online Storage at BeeCloud

20111015073825.png

BeeCloud main mission is to help you never to loose a file again by providing a simple to use but save solution. You do not have to take the backup, the system will. Just select you important files and go. Even more important BeeCloud provides this service for FREE. No questions asked, 512Gb online backup for free.

• Replies 30
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? I wonder if I can upload/download 200 GB partition image without restrictions and at decent speed. Might make an account later.

Really? I wonder if I can upload/download 200 GB partition image without restrictions and at decent speed. Might make an account later.

Well i am just now backing up my files speed is not to bad same as my FTP uplading speed but download speed is much faster and work with IDM.

Already upload 15 GB

Thanks for the share, madeinheaven! :) What an amazing giveaway, I'd never think one could get 512 GB FREE online storage, totally awesome... :) I chose BeeCloud (Backify returned the Activation link with an error...)

EDIT: Sorry, if I sound lazy, but are there any time limitations on the data stored too? Will the free storage space remain the same or you'd have to pay for it at some time? How long will they keep the data in their servers before deleting it?

http://www.livedrive.com/faq#faq-general-4

Where can I get a Livedrive account?

Just sign up at www.livedrive.com. It takes minutes to get a fully featured 14 day free trial - you don't even need to enter your credit card number.

Is there a free version of Livedrive?

There is no free version of Livedrive, but we do provide a 14 day no-obligation free trial. You don't even need to enter your credit card number - just click here to sign up.

Now then, how about that?

http://www.livedrive...q#faq-general-4

Where can I get a Livedrive account?

Just sign up at www.livedrive.com. It takes minutes to get a fully featured 14 day free trial - you don't even need to enter your credit card number.

Is there a free version of Livedrive?

There is no free version of Livedrive, but we do provide a 14 day no-obligation free trial. You don't even need to enter your credit card number - just click here to sign up.

Now then, how about that?

It's not free. Give me one good reason I should consider this post that seems to be advertising for a paid service..

toyo: This e-mail came after registration!

First of all, thank you for purchasing an online backup solution from BeeCloud.eu.

So what happens now ?

The following account has been automatically created:

Account Type: BeeCloud Backup

Login: [email protected]

Password: ............

Personal web site: http://BC94438.livedrive.com

Go to your personal website (http://BC94438.livedrive.com) and log in with the provided login and password.

There you can download and install the Livedrive client (for PC or Mac) and start your backups.

You can change your password at any time in your personal websete (http://BC94438.livedrive.com).

For technical support please visit our website or contact us by sending an email to [email protected].

Again, thanks for doing business with us,

BeeCloud.eu

toyo: This e-mail came after registration!

I need to make an account to see what's this about... thanks for posting the details ;)

EDIT: it won't let me signup, error.

I use Beckify after you register and activate account you will have the download link of LiveDrive. You just ned to install LiveDrive and sign in

20111015184654iphone.png

20111015185150iphone.png

After you sign up your account In Webpage you see all your detail:

20111015184640iphone.png

20111015184733iphone.png

And I do not see any where in my personal page that my LiveDrive account 14 days trial even i sign up with LiveDrive it link to Backify account automatickly.

Here is another Topic from

LifeHacker

20111015190912.png

I'm giving up on this. I just can't signup, no matter the browser, proxy etc.

Toyo i guess there is a temporary error registration side i registered first one yesterday successfully and registered second one few hours ago, try later

For those who cant register including me, hope this can help.

http://backifty.blog...om/view/sidebar

Thank you for finding info dishwara

Ooops! Excuse us.

This post is in response to some people's concern that passwords are being stored in plain text. We wish to take this moment to clarify, that the passwords are all stored as MD5 hashes with a salt in our database. The passwords being sent in email were temporarily being stored in Session, and the session was destroyed once the email was sent.

We have taken steps to prevent this. The passwords are no more being sent out in the email.

The safety of our customers' data is our primary concern. Again, as you know, we just launched yesterday. Nobody at Backify was expecting such a huge response. So please be patient while we iron out the bugs and flaws. If something's really important, please reach Tarandeep directly at [email protected]

Thanks again for the tremendous response!

Beecloud registered smoothly for me and everything seems to be working as it should. My upload speeds have always been terrible so at 50 KB/s :angry: im not sure if it's worth it. Im trying it out with some videos but it will take weeks at this rate.

Thanks for the info MIH B)

I'm giving up on this. I just can't signup, no matter the browser, proxy etc.

Same for me, but both sites (beecloud and backify were using Livedrive)

as madeinheaven mentioned so it really doesn`t matter, where you`re

registered, conditions are the same (on the first look). You end up with

Livedrive. BeeCloud was fine for me. :lol:

And thanks madeinheaven, really appreciate it. :)

Beecloud registered smoothly for me and everything seems to be working as it should. My upload speeds have always been terrible so at 50 KB/s :angry: im not sure if it's worth it. Im trying it out with some videos but it will take weeks at this rate.

Thanks for the info MIH B)

LiveDrive works silently behind your PC. Best way backing up your files when you are able to open your PC start LiveDrive select the files then let LiveDrive works silently 4 u

Registered & working successfully with BeeCloud.

Thanks for the info, MIH.

About these 2 services, which are resellers for Livedrive:

- they email your password in plain text (wtf... this is a backup service, might contain sensitive data)

- advantages for Livedrive resellers...

- there are some pesimistic comments on Anandtech about their service...

Anyway, I have downloaded the client after making an account with Beecloud.eu and intend to first try it in a VM and wait at least a month or so before risking my main info with these guys. For 60 USD/month, anybody can resell Livedrive backup services, make some shiny one-page site and that's all. The problem is that it's probably impossible to sustain many accounts with 512 GB of data without serious money, so we'll see how they'll manage this situation. Probably they'll change the ToS and the details of the plan, as it happened on Mozy's case, which would obviously anger the subscribers.

Interesting to follow :)

Beecloud registered smoothly for me and everything seems to be working as it should. My upload speeds have always been terrible so at 50 KB/s :angry: im not sure if it's worth it. Im trying it out with some videos but it will take weeks at this rate. Thanks for the info MIH B)
LiveDrive works silently behind your PC. Best way backing up your files when you are able to open your PC start LiveDrive select the files then let LiveDrive works silently 4 u

Yes but uploading anything ruins my internet speed. Browsing becomes like dial-up. I wouldn't upload anything personal until it's been deemed completely secure, first thing I did was change the password. Would be nice for large videos etc so hopefully it works out.

The benefits / advantages of Cloud services will normally be reaped by those with high speed broadband.

Hopefully, the future will bring down the cost of bandwidth for all to enjoy ?

The security of cloud services? I will never trust a 3rd party to handle sensitive data, ever.

Archived