Getting ESET NOD32 Antivirus license User/Pass

Jota.Ce

I've taken a course in the local University, and they have NOD32 installed (legally, i assume :pirate:)

I can't enter NOD32 settings cause it is password protected. Is there any known way to get that password, or seek for it in disk/registry?

Once inside settings, license data is easy to get.

• Replies 9
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think you can find out password. But you can try this. Export this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Plugins\01000400\Profiles\@My profile

It contains user name and password. You can't read password here, because it's encrypted, but you could try importing it on your computer.

Cheers ;)

I don't know if there's any way to get the password hacked but even if you do get it I doubt if you will find the license there in that workstation. But, this is assuming that they're using Business Edition. In BE there's a centralized server (Remote Administrator Server) in the LAN where it manages all ESET products installed in the network. This server is the one which connects and updates virus definitions from ESET servers and shares it through its internal http server. It is there that the license file (.dat file) and the username and password is installed. The workstations don't need a username and password installed anymore because it points its update server to that centralized server. :)

I'm not sure at this moment if it's BE.

But if it's Standard Edition, if you can enter the Update panel, then you can get license data. Asterisks/Bullets are easy to turn visible.

@mara: Thanks, this is my reg data ATM (from my own computer, with ESS):

reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Plugins\01000400\Profiles\@My profile"

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Plugins\01000400\Profiles\@My profile

Username REG_SZ TRIAL-50405345

Password REG_BINARY 55D6BCE9B3F09DF22E6440ADC3C878759F315DBC

MirrorFolder REG_SZ C:\Perfiles\All Users\Datos de programa\ESET\ESET Smart Security\mirror

MirrorMode REG_DWORD 0x0

UpdateType REG_DWORD 0x22

Check4OptionalPCU REG_DWORD 0x1

Obviously, password is not obtained with a simple HEX to ASCII conversion, :sigh:

PS: But there's 40 HEX digits in registry password and 10 ASCII chars in the panel password, so...

PS2: Anyway, if it's encrypted with settings password, i sould forget about this xD

Don't need to convert,only export this registry and then import it in your system.

@Jota.Ce

LOL @ your University. They are using trial licence. They probably get new one every month with fake e-mail.

Cheers ;)

lol... Aren't these companies supposed to offer academic licenses or something, at wonderful prices? Oh well... free is better :P

@Jota.Ce

LOL @ your University. They are using trial licence. They probably get new one every month with fake e-mail.

Cheers ;)

Sorry, mara- i confused you. That quoted block is from my computer (serial was inserted by NodLogin).

@morteza: If reg.exe command works there (admin could have disabled it), i'll try to import those data to my registry. They have ESET NOD32 v4, i'll insert on an ESET SS v5. Don't know if it would work, but i'll try B)

@toyo: Yeah, free is better :pirate: xDDDDDDDDD

Don't need to convert,only export this registry and then import it in your system.

You have to "unprotect" registry, since that's a read-only key (you don't have permission). I think disabling safe-defense is needed.

But that method *does* work!

The worse part is... ESS told me 2 things:

- License expires in 1/1/1970 xDDDDDDDDDDD

- It is a license for EAV, not for ESS!!!!!

Archived