Help With Blue screen crash

billyf500

Hey Sorry if i post this in wrong section didn't know where else to put it, anyways i get this error when starting up my laptop running windows 7 sp1

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 1000007e

BCP1: C0000005

BCP2: 96EAAF2C

BCP3: AADDDA40

BCP4: AADDD620

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\100411-16567-01.dmp

C:\Users\billy\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-32448-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Anyone know how to fix .. :P

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Sorry if i post this in wrong section didn't know where else to put it, anyways i get this error when starting up my laptop running windows 7 sp1

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:BlueScreen

OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID:1033

........ .......... ............... .................. ..................

Anyone know how to fix .. :P

I am quite sure that you have Kaspersky (KAV or KIS) -> why I say that ? -> because I had this BSOD and myself yesterday - and firstly I thought it`s probably some new exploit - so I did a full scan of the computer with Hitman Pro 3.5.9 Build 130 , Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.51.2.1300 and finaly with KIS12.0.374(a,b,c,d,e) -> nothing found -> my guess is that it`s the fault of an Kaspersky update - Kaspersky showed me at that moment some strange info. about updates -> I deleted all `Reports and Storages` -> manual update Kaspersky -> all ok . :huh:

However, it is likely to be wrong ... and to have been another cause (at least for me it worked) . B)

Google for this program - > " WhoCrashed Professional 3.01 "

This program checks for drivers which have been crashing your computer. If your computer has displayed a blue screen of death, suddenly rebooted or shut down then this program

will help you find the root cause and possibly a solution. Hope this will help.

Crash dump directory: C:\windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Tue 10/4/2011 1:53:13 AM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\windows\Minidump\100411-16567-01.dmp

uptime: 00:20:08

This was probably caused by the following module: libusb0.sys (libusb0+0x428C)

Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF96EAAF2C, 0xFFFFFFFFAADDDA40, 0xFFFFFFFFAADDD620)

Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

file path: C:\windows\system32\drivers\libusb0.sys

product: LibUSB-Win32 - Kernel Driver

company: http://libusb-win32.sourceforge.net

description: LibUSB-Win32 - Kernel Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: libusb0.sys (LibUSB-Win32 - Kernel Driver, http://libusb-win32.sourceforge.net).

Google query: libusb0.sys http://libusb-win32.sourceforge.net SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

On Tue 10/4/2011 1:53:13 AM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\windows\memory.dmp

uptime: 00:20:08

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1E)

Bugcheck code: 0x7E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF96EAAF2C, 0xFFFFFFFFAADDDA40, 0xFFFFFFFFAADDD620)

Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntkrpamp.exe .

Google query: ntkrpamp.exe SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

How can i remove libusb0,sys, Thanks in advance.

• Administrator

@billyf500: Read this:

Installation

Filter Driver Installation

• Please use the latest release version.
  • Versions up until 0.1.12.2 have serious bugs related to the filter drivers under Vista and Windows 7 and some XP installations. Please use later versions (1.1.14.0 or newer). For 64bit Windows Vista/7/2008/2008R2, the version should be 1.2.0.0 or later. We always recommend users to use the latest release version available.
  • The filters driver is installed by a user friendly GUI installer which makes the install and uninstall process easier and more secure. Starting with 1.2.2.0, a GUI for installing the filter driver (Filter Wizard) is the preferred way to use the filter. It only tries to attach the filter driver to a particular USB device. You can still use the command line install-filter.exe application to install class filter. But it is not recommended.
  • Download the latest filter driver installer (libusb-win32-devel-filter-x.x.x.x.zip and then unzip, or libusb-win32-devel-filter-x.x.x.x.exe ).
  • Close all applications which use USB devices before installing.
  • Run the installer, and follow its instructions. Do not run the installer from an USB storage device, this is especially important for versions prior to 1.2.2.0.
  • Run the test program (testlibusb-win.exe) from the system's start menu. This program will verify the correct installation and print the descriptors of the USB devices accessible by the library.
  • A reboot may not be necessary but is recommended.

Device Driver Installation

• Please use the latest release version.
  • The device driver is distributed as a separate package which includes everything to use libusb-win32 for single devices as a normal device driver. The installation of the filter driver is not necessary any more!
  • Download the latest device driver binary package (libusb-win32-bin-x.x.x.x.zip).
  • Extract it to a temporary directory.
  • Use the INF-Wizard program to generate the INF file (modify the vendor and product IDs, strings etc). Create different inf-files to install different types of devices (devices with different IDs).
  • Unplug the device(s) from the system. This is optional.
  • Open the Windows Device Manager and remove all incorrectly installed USB devices (device entries with a yellow exclamation mark). This is optional.
  • Reconnect the device(s) to the system.
  • When Windows asks for a driver, choose the inf-file(s) created above. Windows will warn that the driver is is not 'digitally signed'. Ignore this message and continue with the installation. Since version 1.2.0.0, a valid digital signature is embedded inside libusb0.sys for AMD/Intel x86_64 version of Windows so that the users can install the driver as well under 64bit x86_64 version of Windows Vista/7/2008/2008R2. Please read more about the Microsoft Kernel Mode Code Signing (KMCS) policy for more information.
  • Open the Windows Device Manager to verify that the device is installed correctly. Run the test program (testlibusb-win.exe) from the 'bin directory'. It should print out the descriptors of your device(s).
  • A reboot isn't necessary.
  • Starting from version 1.2.1.0, the inf-wizard.exe has embedded driver binaries and provide an option to install the driver at the end of the process.

Removing

Removing the Filter Driver

• To remove device filter driver, run the GUI filter driver wizard to remove it.
  • To remove the class filter driver open the Control Panel, open 'Software', choose the 'LibUsb?-Win32-x.x.x.x' entry, and remove it. Take note class filter driver is not recommended to be used.
  • A reboot isn't necessary.
  • If the above failed, you can manually run "install-filer -u" as admin. After that you can remove the other relevant files. Again, take note class filter driver is not recommended to be used.

Removing the Device Driver
  • The device driver can not be easily removed from the system. You can however try to use usbdeview to remove the entries. Under Vista and Windows 7, you can use pnputil to remove the driver package.

Updating

Updating the Filter Driver

• Remove the old version first (see above). This is the recommended method even though it is not strictly necessary.
  • Install the new version as described above.

Updating the Device Driver
  • Download the latest device driver binary package (libusb-win32-device-bin-x.x.x.x.zip or tar.gz).
  • Modify the inf-file as described in the Installation section.
  • Open the Device Manager and select the device you want to update.
  • Choose 'Properties->Driver->Update'. Disable the automatic installation and select the new inf-file manually.
  • Since 1.2.1.0, inf-wizard.exe can be used to automatically install/update the device driver.

Source

Archived