[Solved] Getting Rid Of Messenger Plus Ads (Buttons etc.)

Tweety.Abd

Hey!

I was wondering if there was a way to get rid of Messenger Plus unwanted buttons on Live Messenger? It's really annoying and ugly, and if there's a way to do so, please share it here :)

Resolution:

To get rid of Messenger Plus! buttons you should go to Preferences > Add Messenger Plus! buttons in the contact list and contact cards / Add Messenger Plus! Skin button in the contact list / Add Messenger Plus! Word button in the contact list and uncheck the boxes of those items. Then you go to Preferences > Messenger > Show me promotions associated with Messenger Plus! and uncheck that box. You must restart WLM after doing that.

Credits: Evsan

• Replies 10
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought there used to be a way for configuring what you wanted to show or not... for me.. I simply decided to use A-Patch... simple changes seem to be best for it... Like the newer version like it was.. minus the ads using A-Patch.. IMO MsgPlus went down the wrong road.. especially to be what it is supposed to be.. so.. I quit using it...

I thought there used to be a way for configuring what you wanted to show or not... for me.. I simply decided to use A-Patch... simple changes seem to be best for it... Like the newer version like it was.. minus the ads using A-Patch.. IMO MsgPlus went down the wrong road.. especially to be what it is supposed to be.. so.. I quit using it...

I too use A-patch which hides and 'cleans' up the Messenger interface, but Messenger Plus just ruins and clutters up everything. I only use it for 'Chat Logs' and nothing more. I don't know if there's any other software that can log chats, so I'm forced to use it anyway.

• Administrator

I too use A-patch which hides and 'cleans' up the Messenger interface, but Messenger Plus just ruins and clutters up everything. I only use it for 'Chat Logs' and nothing more. I don't know if there's any other software that can log chats, so I'm forced to use it anyway.

WLM saves your chat history by default. You don't need Messenger Plus for that. Make sure "Automatically save my conversation history" is checked in Options > History. But that is only limited to one computer, you can use Dropbox like thing if you want to sync to all the computers.

As for me, I want "this user logged out" notification, that's why I use M+. :P

WLM saves your chat history by default. You don't need Messenger Plus for that. Make sure "Automatically save my conversation history" is checked in Options > History. But that is only limited to one computer, you can use Dropbox like thing if you want to sync to all the computers.

But the log isn't stored online and secondly, I have no idea in what format the log is stored or even where. And I have no idea how to use Dropbox or even what it is and does.

• Administrator

But the log isn't stored online and secondly, I have no idea in what format the log is stored or even where. And I have no idea how to use Dropbox or even what it is and does.

The above path I mentioned, there's a box about where to save the logs.

Dropbox is a online storage site and client. Register, install it, it will make an folder, put anything in that folder and it will upload it to your account. This way, you can make WLM automatically post logs in the Dropbox folder and sync it. You can do the same to another computer with using the same account (if you want). I haven't tried it myself, but it should work.

To get rid of Messenger Plus! buttons you should go to Preferences > Add Messenger Plus! buttons in the contact list and contact cards / Add Messenger Plus! Skin button in the contact list / Add Messenger Plus! Word button in the contact list and uncheck the boxes of those items. Then you go to Preferences > Messenger > Show me promotions associated with Messenger Plus! and uncheck that box. You must restart WLM after doing that.

The above path I mentioned, there's a box about where to save the logs.

Dropbox is a online storage site and client. Register, install it, it will make an folder, put anything in that folder and it will upload it to your account. This way, you can make WLM automatically post logs in the Dropbox folder and sync it. You can do the same to another computer with using the same account (if you want). I haven't tried it myself, but it should work.

Thank you so much for helping me. I've figured out how to make those ugly buttons disappear now (courtesy of José Matías Lemos) :D But I'll be using Dropbox to sync them online. I've lost lots of Chat logs in past cause of computer issues, online syncing will definitely help. Thanks again :)

OMG! Thank you so much for your help, it works perfectly and now they're all gone and my messenger is all clean again! :D Thank you :D

• Administrator

Glad the problem is solved. :)

Note: Thread marked as [solved].

BTW, you can edit (your own) thread's titles too. Edit > Full Edit on the first post. :)

Glad the problem is solved. :)

Note: Thread marked as [solved].

BTW, you can edit (your own) thread's titles too. Edit > Full Edit on the first post. :)

I didn't know that I could, I'm sorry. Thanks for changing the status to solved :)

You're welcome my friend.

:) :)

Archived