Firefox 7 is out so whats new? huh ?

demoneye

well my prefs.js file is 197 kb in size .

the largest entries being from HTTPS everywhere , Lastpass , and XMarks .....

and the HTTPS Everywhere extension counts for the major chunk .....

i remember i used to have the prefs.js file of the size of 1.5 mb ! :P

i ll recommend these highly useful FF add ons in maintaining the FF---

eCleaner ( simple ) and prefernces cleaner ( more options ) , for cleaning the leftover and useless preferences of the extensions uninstalled from firefox and no longer needed .

very useful , as after uninstall the preferences of the extensions remain behind,, clogging up the file and slowing down FF .

these addons identify the uninstalled extensions and redundant entries in the prefernces and clean them up ....

and

clean up the places database with places cleaner .....

• Replies 34
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice addons , can do some house keeping for you :)

and yes , that why i am using SANDBOXIE , all my experimental made INSIDE to container so my original firefox always stay intact :D

well of course ,

there are ways many to do the same thing ... :)

i have a different profile for testing all the add ons i want to try ,

and this keeps my main working profile free of the clutter ... ;)

but then even so ,

things do get messy , no matter how much you try , ( like my room though ...! :P )

so these add ons come in handy .... !

I may check out the preferences cleaner.. The databases are all taken care of by Speedy Fox... May look into them though.. For me I think its time to jut export my used extensions and settings with FEBE and OPIE.. and create a new one.. reference the old for everything else.. mine is carrying over from several versions now.. Tweaks and custom changes do worry me some though..

I'm pretty sure ccleaner can achieve what speedyfox can do by compacting the databases.

I have tried chrome as well as chromeplus and other chromium based browsers, sure chrome seems snappier but it lacks a lot of simple things, there is one thing that is extremely annoying when it comes to chrome is that the tabs become tiny and unreadable when you have a particular amount of tabs open at the same time, they do not become multiple rows or anything therefore it becomes very tedious.

Why doesn't 6 update to 7 automatically and why a new version every few days. Seems just going betas and then final would be better. Install and then uninstall is a pain.

this way or another , firefox is much slower than google chrome , its decrease user experience in many aspects , so i stick with google chrome atm :)

I don't really care for chrome, I still feel its too immature as are the extensions and may never live up to my expectations, I couldn't care less if they take a larger market share than Firefox.

Firefox has existed for a many years and (I have used it since the phoenix days and haven't really looked back) it will exist for a good many years after.

Chrome is the new shiny toy in the toy box hot on everyone's lips as the next big thing but as far as I am concerned I'll stick with the "slow" and "old" firefox and age an extra millisecond waiting for a page to load. :D

I don't really care for chrome, I still feel its too immature as are the extensions and may never live up to my expectations, I couldn't care less if they take a larger market share than Firefox.

Firefox has existed for a many years and (I have used it since the phoenix days and haven't really looked back) it will exist for a good many years after.

Chrome is the new shiny toy in the toy box hot on everyone's lips as the next big thing but as far as I am concerned I'll stick with the "slow" and "old" firefox and age an extra millisecond waiting for a page to load. :D

same words have been spoken over firefox back days ;)

Archived