[Solved] VmWare Workstation Installation Issue.

Tweety.Abd

Did you post it on the VMware forum? If not then lookey here.

http://communities.v...329959?tstart=5

http://communities.v...m/thread/329671

Yes I do have the exact same problem, but the thing is I don't know how to work with command lines and stuff. :( Can anyone please tell me how to work with it?

I've tried using the command lines in command prompt, I even extracted the installer and tried installing directly through .msi, but it gives the directory error. I'm just going to give up I guess. I'll be using Windows Virtual PC.

Nevermind, I finally did it! :D I managed to install VMWare Workstation finally :D

Thank you all so, so much for your support!

Sorry I forgot to show how I did it, it worked for me and it should work for everyone out there with this issue:

post-25037-0-69080000-1317042313_thumb.p

• Replies 28
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I do have the exact same problem, but the thing is I don't know how to work with command lines and stuff. :( Can anyone please tell me how to work with it?

download the attached file, extract the file within vmware8.cmd to the same folder as your vmware installer executable, right click the file vmware8.cmd and select "run as administrator".

it will silently install vmware to your PC i.e., you will see no setup screens, no dialog boxes, nothing but a lot of hard disk activity. that's vmware installing. give it some time. after it's done installing and hard drive activity has ceased, you can check to see if you have vmware in your start menu

This is from reading those links posted above, i haven't tried this out myself but if it does work, you can thank avmad :D

vmware8.zip

Will terminating that process do that job? And I don't think I'll be using WAT, I'm already using Daz's fix and it's much safer than WAT.

No terminating the process won't help btw I wasn't talking about Hazar's RemoveWAT instead WAT Fix & MBR that not only repair system files(sfc) but repair system components & activation problems perhaps WMI repository, ACL as well !

Will terminating that process do that job? And I don't think I'll be using WAT, I'm already using Daz's fix and it's much safer than WAT.

No terminating the process won't help btw I wasn't talking about Hazar's RemoveWAT instead WAT Fix & MBR that not only repair system files(sfc) but repair system components & activation problems perhaps WMI repository, ACL as well !

Eitherways, I fixed it anyhow :) Thanks for your help.

Archived