[Solved] VmWare Workstation Installation Issue.

Tweety.Abd

Hello,

I'm trying to install the VmWare workstation 8 (downloaded from softpedia) and I keep getting this issue (picture below). I've tried many resolutions available on web, such as deleting the "index" file from the extracted location, extracting the .MSI file, trying to run the .MSI file, but all failed. I'd like to know if there's any way I can install it on my computer.

Thanks,

• Replies 28
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I download from official site and all is ok. Make a, not quite you account B) and can log back in and download when you want. (Don't know if it will sort it but best to use official download imo)

I download from official site and all is ok. Make a, not quite you account B) and can log back in and download when you want. (Don't know if it will sort it but best to use official download imo)

I do have an account, but I couldn't download it using IDM, that's the reason I opted to download from softpedia.

• Administrator

The last time something like that happened to me. I had to re-install IE to fix it. :s

What protection are you using? In some cases a file could be cleaned or removed from the TEMP folder before the installer can access it.. especially if its labeled a spyware or other.. Other than that I would say that this issue would be down to the author of the installer.. making a mistake that doesn't work for everyone.. I would also only download the main installers from the main company only... as well...

OK, hopefully someone will figure it out for ya :ph34r:

Unfortunately for me, downloading from the official site is extremely slow as compared to downloading through IDM

The last time something like that happened to me. I had to re-install IE to fix it. :s

Re-install IE :o

What protection are you using? In some cases a file could be cleaned or removed from the TEMP folder before the installer can access it.. especially if its labeled a spyware or other.. Other than that I would say that this issue would be down to the author of the installer.. making a mistake that doesn't work for everyone.. I would also only download the main installers from the main company only... as well...

Norton Internet Security 2012 and it's not detecting or removing it. The file exists in the copied directory, but it gives the error for some reasons.

I do have an account, but I couldn't download it using IDM, that's the reason I opted to download from softpedia.

Uhm this one right here.. could be simply fixed by downloading normally with your browser.. There are many places that will not allow a download manager or client which does not identify itself.. DTA gives this problem rarely.. various situations.. One issues of using download managers.. Due to server load/wear and tear.. and so forth many like to keep the minimal amount of open connection down and bandwidth available to everyone more.. balance or equal.. so many actually deny connection with some clients...

IF IDM doesn't allow this then I would unjack my browser..

Of course you are able to download VMware officially through IDM. I do this every time.

Disable IDM integration module in IDM for FF and install FlashGot add-on instead! Use FlashGot to communicate with IDM and download!! Else won't work...

1. Go to http://downloads.vmw...workstation/8_0

2. Click there on "Download" link.

3. Login with your account email + password

4. License Agreement approval

5. Click on the download page the executable to download it with FF

6. Choose "FlashGot", then from menu Internet Download Manager

7. Download with IDM!

Of course you are able to download VMware officially through IDM. I do this every time.

Disable IDM integration module in IDM for FF and install FlashGot add-on instead! Use FlashGot to communicate with IDM and download!! Else won't work...

1. Go to http://downloads.vmw...workstation/8_0

2. Click there on "Download" link.

3. Login with your account email + password

4. License Agreement approval

5. Click on the download page the executable to download it with FF

6. Choose "FlashGot", then from menu Internet Download Manager

7. Download with IDM!

Thank you so much, it works perfectly.

So downloading from the official site didn't make any difference. I still have the script error problem, and I can't seem to install it any how.

All I can think is to clear all traces of it from your pc. Clean all temp files, reg files etc. But you probably tried that. I had something similar once (different program) and installed it in safe mode. (didn't seem to be installed after) Restarted and installed normally, and it seemed to finish the installation off. Weird but did the trick. Can it be run in safe mode like this?

All I can think is to clear all traces of it from your pc. Clean all temp files, reg files etc. But you probably tried that. I had something similar once (different program) and installed it in safe mode. (didn't seem to be installed after) Restarted and installed normally, and it seemed to finish the installation off. Weird but did the trick. Can it be run in safe mode like this?

Yes I did clean up all the traces of it from my computer (registry entries and temp. files), but it didn't help. And I'll try installing it in Safe-Mode and it'll let you know about the results.

Thank you for your help.

Update: I tried installing it in Safe-Mode, and I get the same script error message. Thanks for your help anyways :)

This could be relative to drivers in your PC.... Did you double-check requirements and is your system set to automatically disallow unsigned drivers? - Should have picked up on this earlier.. I forget though.. This can happen when your hardware is incorrect for the install package, incompatible .. or the script installation is blocked..

I would reinstall IE in such a case.

Here you go for Win7: IE9 x86 + x64

This could be relative to drivers in your PC.... Did you double-check requirements and is your system set to automatically disallow unsigned drivers? - Should have picked up on this earlier.. I forget though.. This can happen when your hardware is incorrect for the install package, incompatible .. or the script installation is blocked..

I'm not sure how can a script error be related to a driver in my computer, but I'm a newbie, I wouldn't know, but I'm pretty sure it's not because of drivers. Yes I've checked the requirements and I've re-checked the requirements extensively now, and my computer is more than enough to run it, an I don't know if my system is set to automatically disallow unsigned drivers. Windows 7 x64 doesn't allow to run unsigned drivers, but if you're talking about the drivers signed but not tested for Microsoft WHQL, then I do get notified whether I want to run the driver or deny it, I know so because I installed cFosSpeed and it asked me the same. I've checked all the requirements to be able to run it, and I meet all the requirements (processor, memory, hard drive, display, etc.)

I would reinstall IE in such a case.

Here you go for Win7: IE9 x86 + x64

I'm not sure why I'd have to do that; I already tried resetting the IE entirely and nothing worked. But I'll try that out nevertheless and let you know the results.

Thank you all for your help and your time taken to compose a response.

-Tag

Yeah.. It is a little odd.. let's say you tried to install a chipset driver installation.. and either your system age or drivers that it updated did not exist.. or there was some other requirement.. deeper than the usual suspects that would disallow installation, updating, or other interaction with those drivers or related files... possibly even OS related as not being compatible... ( as example ) The installer cannot continue.. and for some reason when an error like that is reached.. The installer will through an error give number and you will have to exit installation..

This is something I ran into with VIA Hyperion drivers.. like years ago.. now they cannot be used on my system, usually after the first installation.. I think in part that some chipsets are no longer even supported.. though unrelated directly could be indirectly related.. but still would not know how to get around it.. Other than checking settings and so forth..

Im thinking aloud here but do you have VM Player installed or contained in another program. I remember some problem of not being able to instal Workstation if you did :unsure:

Im sure it happened to me a long time ago, memory's not great though :D

Yeah.. It is a little odd.. let's say you tried to install a chipset driver installation.. and either your system age or drivers that it updated did not exist.. or there was some other requirement.. deeper than the usual suspects that would disallow installation, updating, or other interaction with those drivers or related files... possibly even OS related as not being compatible... ( as example ) The installer cannot continue.. and for some reason when an error like that is reached.. The installer will through an error give number and you will have to exit installation..

This is something I ran into with VIA Hyperion drivers.. like years ago.. now they cannot be used on my system, usually after the first installation.. I think in part that some chipsets are no longer even supported.. though unrelated directly could be indirectly related.. but still would not know how to get around it.. Other than checking settings and so forth..

The thing is my computer is not even 6 months old yet, and I haven't installed any new chipset drivers, other than the ones that are available in the disc provided with the motherboard, and another thing I wanted to say is that I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (untouched) about 3 days ago, and I'm not sure as to why it isn't installing on my computer. I've got all the latest updates and hot-fixes for my laptop, but it's still not working. What you said might be right, but if it is, then I'd just use Windows Virtual PC instead, I tried Virtual Box, but I didn't like it much.

Im thinking aloud here but do you have VM Player installed or contained in another program. I remember some problem of not being able to instal Workstation if you did :unsure:

Im sure it happened to me a long time ago, memory's not great though :D

No, as I've mentioned earlier, I've installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 x64 and I didn't install any virtualization software prior to it's installation. I haven't tried installing VM Player either, I'm not sure if it'll too have the same problems.

ie ~ ie mate :)

what version of ie do you have ?

I'm using Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 (downloaded through Windows Update).

Thank you all for your replies :) I appreciate all your help and valuable time you've spent in framing response.

I uninstalled any 3rd party browsers and cleaned up my temp folder just by deleting everything in it

Then i ran the installer again got the same error so I went to that temp folder that shows up in the

error message in my case it was "C:\Users\k3y3n1n\AppData\Local\Temp\vmware_12755896" and

i located the vmware.msi file use that as my install and it work give it a shot and let me know

Try that, it`s a suggestion from the VMWare community. :)

I uninstalled any 3rd party browsers and cleaned up my temp folder just by deleting everything in it

Then i ran the installer again got the same error so I went to that temp folder that shows up in the

error message in my case it was "C:\Users\k3y3n1n\AppData\Local\Temp\vmware_12755896" and

i located the vmware.msi file use that as my install and it work give it a shot and let me know

First of all, thank you so much for your reply and for your effort to help me. Secondly, I've mentioned on my first post that I've tried several resolutions available on the official website, and on other websites I came across through Google, and I too tried the resolution you've suggested. The thing is, when I try to run the .MSI file directly, if gives me an error code, I just don't remember it now, but it says "[error code] Directory not found". I also tried to extract the .MSI from the .EXE executable, but I failed as there weren't any good tutorials to do that.

First of all, thank you so much for your reply and for your effort to help me. Secondly, I've mentioned on my first post that I've tried several resolutions available on the official website, and on other websites I came across through Google, and I too tried the resolution you've suggested. The thing is, when I try to run the .MSI file directly, if gives me an error code, I just don't remember it now, but it says "[error code] Directory not found". I also tried to extract the .MSI from the .EXE executable, but I failed as there weren't any good tutorials to do that.

unledgp.png

This is an mshta.exe error that you get probably due to IEframe.dll ! You can use MBR or WAT fix from MDL forums to try resolve this issue, I'm not sure if it'll work though cause when I encountered this(was a long time ago) MBR didn't fix it & didn't have WAT fix back then !

unledgp.png

This is an mshta.exe error that you get probably due to IEframe.dll ! You can use MBR or WAT fix from MDL forums to try resolve this issue, I'm not sure if it'll work though cause when I encountered this(was a long time ago) MBR didn't fix it & didn't have WAT fix back then !

Will terminating that process do that job? And I don't think I'll be using WAT, I'm already using Daz's fix and it's much safer than WAT.

Archived