Anyway to unblock a site blocked by Eset?

Cal

So far I've run into this problem with only one site. But I recall some years back running NOD AV v.2.xx and it had a page under IMON that would list the Eset blocked sites and they could be deleted and the site could be accessed. I can find no way to do that in v4 or 5. And I have parental control disabled.

Anyone??

Thanks in advance!

:mellow:

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At Settings, go to Advanced settings > Antivirus and Anti-spy > Internet traffic protection > HTTP, HTTPS > Address management and add the site you wan't to be unblock. This is on ESET V. 4

A few things is that you may want to give it sometime in some cases to kick in the exclusion.. address any other filtering you have going on.. and remember that older version of FF are horrid when it comes to sites they can't reach the first time.. so cache issues...restart may be necessary of the browser.. and accompanying sites which may be third party..

Thanks for the replies. I browsed most of Eset's answers to the 'gist' of my question. I tapped F5 and got into 'Advanced mode' in v5. Nothing all that important really. I was only wondering if a list of the sites which Eset had blocked was posted anywhere. It may be, but I couldn't find it. Thanks anyway.

Just thought there might be 'list of banned sites'...same way Eset will post a list of the new malwares/virus updates. But guess that is their 'secret' as most of the sites were not for our protection...just hiding sites that posted passwords! :P

Again, appreciate the replies.

:)

Now.. on that note ESET related sites seem to be blocked as long as the drivers are hooked in to your Network Card.. So.. no you won't be able to access them from a computer with it installed...Could be the same with AV as well.. and protected n other ways.. or the way I mentioned may be incorrect..

Thank you very much HX1 for taking the time to explain all very clearly. I really didn't start this post topic header off correctly. I *should* have stated: "Anyone know how to view the list of sites Eset has in their blocked site list. Guess I wanted to see their list, and check how many of the sites listed, are ones I may frequent! :D

Best regards,

:)

Archived