Windows 7

stmary

Need help Forget my logon password for my winsows 7 home premium laptop anyone know how to bypass that system lockout . Please let me know, your help will greately appreciated.

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stratocaster009

Use the Sticky Keys trick to reset the Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP password

The Sticky Keys trick to restore a forgotten administrator password is reliable, easy to carry out, and does not require third-party software. All you have to do is boot up from a Windows 7 or Windows Vista setup DVD, launch the Windows Recovery Environment (RE), and then replace the sethc.exe file with cmd.exe. You can also use this method for Windows XP, but you have to use a Vista or Windows 7 DVD.

Source

Just start it up in safe mode go in start-controlpanel and hit user acount there you can change password ore just dele the old one, restart pc and all should be good again :) That way I use when get computer with password on.

@donkey-girl

unfortunately , it wont work that way .

even to log onto your computer in safe mode , you need a password to any of the accounts on the machine and preferably an admin one .

that is why the importance of creating a password reset disk the moment you get your computer activated ..

the disk does all that is required in case you forget your account credentials .

and i suppose you might mot have done that ...

so yes your best bet is password cracking using some program

like Ophcrack

use a friends computer to burn it to disc or usb ,

boot into it and follow the instructions on the GUI .

time will depend upon the speed of the machine and the strength of the password .....

edit - the link by stratocastor gives quite some methods . you can try those too . i gave what worked for me . used it once , some time back and it was able to solve my problem ....

Free version will not work on Windows 7... try this one..

Site: http://www.filesonic.com/file
Code: /1850318944/KonBootv1.1.rar

IF you setup proper protection.. BIOS/Hardware Pass.. You could also enable the Administrator account in LSP.. not for sure about Home Premium versions however...

Run a command prompt as an Administrator, then enter the following replace * with no or yes to activate and deactivate...

net user administrator /active:*

You should get a message on completion either way and your done.. They also mention that it technically is an open hole to have full fledged Admin Account wide open and active on your computer... and should only be used for troubleshooting.. but this tool is actually from previous versions which would allow for the fix quite easily.. You do have to remember to protect it from access on boot.. and should probably turn it off when it isn't needed.. Like after you have changed your password and remember by heart and well.. :P

you can use Active PW changer, its in Hirens RESTORED v14 discs or DLC Boot discs.

It can earse your pw and be done with everything in under 5 minutes.

i use it all the time at work.

You just reminded me I have to go buy DVD's.. for that alone.. :P

EDIT: Should edit the name of topic as there are like alot of Windows 7 named titles..

Just start it up in safe mode go in start-controlpanel and hit user acount there you can change password ore just dele the old one, restart pc and all should be good again :) That way I use when get computer with password on.

lol

use "Reset Windows Password"

http://www.nsaneforu...edition-121195/

it wont waste your time trying to figure out the pw but will just delete it. Saves alot of time. Hirens is good too...g/l

Archived