Windows 7 Trial for 120 Days!

donizme

Ok I have another GEM for you guys :P.

We all know that Windows 7 Beta/RC/RTM builds only have 30 days trial right? What if I told you you can have a total of 120 days! (That's four months!)

And you don't even need any hack/crack to do it! Because this is completely legal and Microsoft's method.

The method is called rearms. A bit like rearming a bomb but instead you do it to Windows 7! It involves adjusting the registry and using command prompt using Microsoft's method. Check it out the steps below: :D

1. Open the Start Menu.

2. In the Start Menu search box, type regedit, and press Enter. (See screenshot below)

Start-Menu.jpg

3. In the registry, go to: (See screenshot below)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform

Reg.jpg

4. In the right pane, see if SkipRearm is set to 0 (number 0) . (See screenshot above)

A) If it is not set to 0 - Right click on SkipRearm and click on Modify. Type 0 and click on OK. (See screenshot below)

Modify.jpg

:) If it is set to 0 - Skip this and go to step 6.

6. Open a elevated command prompt (it will be elevated if you are Admin, or if not just run it as Admin)

7. In the elevated command prompt, type slmgr -rearm and press Enter. (See screenshot below)

CMD.jpg

8. If successful you will get the below screenshot. Click on OK.

OK.jpg

If you get one of these errors below, then do what is above the error:

* You will need to restart the computer first, then repeat steps 6 to 8 again.

Error.jpg

* You have used up your 3 times. You will need to activate or reinstall Windows 7.

Error2.jpg

9. Close the elevated command prompt you opened in step 6.

10. Restart the computer to apply the changes and reset your trial period back to 30 days to activate.

There you have it! This works on all builds of Windows 7, even the final RTM. It is not a hack, it is a system put in place by Microsoft to give you more time to evaluate it. A special thanks goes to Brink aka Shawn.

donizme

• Replies 4
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
White.Socks

thats the rearm trick... however it still ( would ) bug me to know that i have a time limit even if it would be 10 years...

i dont know why but its just....ah i cant explain...dont like the feeling that my OS is a DEMO lol

thats the rearm trick... however it still ( would ) bug me to know that i have a time limit even if it would be 10 years...

i dont know why but its just....ah i cant explain...dont like the feeling that my OS is a DEMO lol

lol well remember that in that four months you will have full functionality and also an activator should be released by then. :)

LOL god... SO true... almost like you took the words right out of my mouth...

Forgot to say thank you none the less for the info! It is going to be useful till a real activation method is provided.

Archived