Windows 7 Final RTM Confirmed!

donizme

Today (22nd July) Microsoft have officially confirmed that they have completed the final RTM. They even gave the build string as 7600.16385! But they refused to reveal the last part of the build string, although it's reported to be 6.1.7600.16385.090713-1255.

If you look at the image below which I posted in another thread, you can see that OEM partners will get the Untouched ISO on 24th July. Microsoft said that they would announce final RTM two days before giving it to partners, so that fits in perfectly with today's date 22nd.

Microsoft Engineering Chief Steven Sinofsky:

Today marks an important milestone in the Windows 7 project. The Windows 7 team is proud to share with you that a short while ago we have started to release Windows 7 to PC OEM and manufacturing partners.

Microsoft Spokesman Brandon LeBlanc:

I am pleased to announce that Windows 7 has RTM’d!

19426d1248258667-may-july-24-ms-will-make-public-rtm-20090722_174206_328_u.jpg

Microsoft Confirm Final RTM

Windows Engineering Blog: We Have Hit Final RTM

• Replies 24
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think so, can't find anywhere a post where it says that it's not the final.

BUT, the one from Wzor isn't Untouched.. So i'll be waiting for the MS leak :bag:

So this RTM tag is the same as the one posted on Wzor to download, isn't ?

That cannot be confirmed. However, It does now look like final RTM build string is the same as Wzor. We will have to wait until someone installs the untouched ISO to check the build string.

Also, the Wzor one may contain bugs because Wzor made the ISO himself. :bag:

So this RTM tag is the same as the one posted on Wzor to download, isn't ?

That cannot be confirmed. However, It does now look like final RTM build string is the same as Wzor. We will have to wait until someone installs the untouched ISO to check the build string.

Also, the Wzor one may contain bugs because Wzor made the ISO himself. :bag:

Ouw, so it's better wait. :rofl:

so many windows7 threads floating about. I hope this is the true final rtm one. I will wait for some links hopefully soon.

The main problem is that there are so many windows 7 probably rtm that you can't never be sure of what you are downloading, first no hash that could be compared with msn or technet, second i will wait until something is released inside msdn or technet so we can compare hashes from downloads around with the real thing.

Actually i'm building my last Windows XP unattended install cd, until i wait for 7.

I hope Windows 7 appears sooner because i can't use windows xp for myself anymore, i need to change, i'm sick of seeing and working with same M$ft system.

SacredCultivator

Oh man I can't wait, definitely will dl the 64-bit and hopefully there will be a workign you know what for it too, as I really want to make use of my RAM.

White.Socks

my pants get wet when i think about win7

last build i was running was 7264 but then i had to change to vista cause of PUNKBUSTER not beeing compatible to win7 aslong as its not offial released

so PB kicked me all the time from all my online games...

with it beeing official released punkbuster will add support soon i hope

Installed and using 7600.16385 even before they announce it as RTM...awesome.

so many windows7 threads floating about. I hope this is the true final rtm one. I will wait for some links hopefully soon.

Of course my thread is "the true final rtm one". I have confirmation from Microsoft's spokesman Brandon LeBlanc, and Engineering chief Steven Sinofsky. In fact I'm gonna put some quotes from them in the OP. :)

Yeah, this is all true, it has been confirmed and the date Microsoft will actually 'release' the RTM is the 24th of July(tomorrow, that is).

I hope that there will be some kind of VLK floating around just like with Windows XP :)

White.Socks

would it be wise... to install the WZOR 7600.16385-1255 build now ??? or should i wait until tomorrow ? i just ask myself if there will be any diffrence

except for the fact that its "self / home made iso "

isnt it a OEM version that will hopefully get leaked tomorrow ? so no time limit problem anymore ???

• Administrator

What exactly is RTM?

When Microsoft says it will be available on 2 Oct why everyone is saying it in two days. Are we talking about leaked version available for companies?

What exactly is RTM?

When Microsoft says it will be available on 2 Oct why everyone is saying it in two days. Are we talking about leaked version available for companies?

RTM = Release to Manufacture

It gives manufacturers like Dell, Lenovo, etc a chance to develop drivers and systems around the operating system before the general public gets a hold of the operating system. October 2nd is the day that it will be available to the masses. People are waiting on day two of RTM releases because that is when the OEM SLIC (used in the creation of legit activation) will be distributed to manufacturers for Windows 7.

Hope this information helped clear some confusion up for you.

would it be wise... to install the WZOR 7600.16385-1255 build now ??? or should i wait until tomorrow ? i just ask myself if there will be any diffrence

except for the fact that its "self / home made iso "

isnt it a OEM version that will hopefully get leaked tomorrow ? so no time limit problem anymore ???

I'm sure an actual untouched OEM version of Windows 7 will be leaked tomorrow. As for the OEM SLIC leak for an activation workaround... who knows if that will happen tomorrow.

Don't get your hopes too high White.Socks :unsure:

If I were you I'd wait for tomorrow.
hmm a whole day of waiting, I can't wait to legitimately get my genuine copy :unsure: . This vista has gotten out of hand here, my pc has escalated to a 3 min boot time now, lol.

hmm a whole day of waiting, I can't wait to legitimately get my genuine copy ;) . This vista has gotten out of hand here, my pc has escalated to a 3 min boot time now, lol.

hmm a whole day of waiting, I can't wait to legitimately get my genuine copy :lol: . This vista has gotten out of hand here, my pc has escalated to a 3 min boot time now, lol.

I got my Vista64 boot time to 45 seconds with Intel SSD. It pisses me off that they cut the price by as much as 47% when Intel announces a new SSD. If I had only waited just another month? My life sucks big time! :D

Also, it appears that the leaked WIN.7.RTM.7600.16385.090713_1255.X86 may have a corrupted/unreadable [install.wim] file. I was trying to make a boot USB and I got an error message stating so. Now, my life sucks bigger time!

Archived