Firefox Bookmark Keywords

Anteus

Firefox Keywords Bookmarks  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Firefox Bookmark Keywords?

• Yes
    • No
    • I didn't know they existed!

This is a very useful function built-in into Firefox and when you get comfortable with it your daily surfing/searching is going to be so much faster than before.

You can just right-click almost on any search box on the web in Firefox and click "Add a Keyword for this Search...".

googlekeyword.png

Then name it, optionally put it in a seperate folder and choose a keyword like g.

bookmarkingkeyword.png

Then if you want to google something you only have to write a g followed by a space and the thing you want to search for like firefox.

keyword.png

My keywords

mykeywords.jpg

Trimmed keywords (not the personal/localized keywords) to download as html so you can import them into your firefox.

Site - Rapidshare

Share code - /files/207102696/keywordbookmarks.html

Download the file (save as...) then in Firefoxs Toolbar hit Bookmarks - Organize Bookmarks... - Import and Backup - Import HTML... - Next > - Choose the file

Note that my keyword for google searches has the same url as the Firefox searchbox because I got blocked by Google a couple of times a day without it :yes:

More on this subject can be found at Lifehacker.

Firefox is certainly not the only browser that can add keywords to your bookmarks and favorites. In Opera, for example, you can create a "Nickname" for a bookmark that does the same thing.

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the g for google is the only one i have assigned :o

the g for google is the only one i have assigned :o

Hehe, updated the tut try downloading and importing a selction of mine :coolwink:

Archived