Windows 7 Enhancement for XP or Vista....2

KotaXor

Windows 7 taskbar doesn’t show text in application buttons, it only show their icons. On the other hand previous Windows versions used to show icon as well as text in all application’s taskbar buttons.

Actually Windows 7 new iconized taskbar feature looks good and it also saves space in taskbar area.

Here is a .reg file, just copy into notepad and save it as a .reg file, double click to import to registry:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics]

"MinWidth"="-255"

reboot for it to take effect! Enjoy!!

• Replies 10
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bearoninternet
Windows 7 taskbar doesn’t show text in application buttons, it only show their icons. On the other hand previous Windows versions used to show icon as well as text in all application’s taskbar buttons.

Actually Windows 7 new iconized taskbar feature looks good and it also saves space in taskbar area.

Here is a .reg file, just copy into notepad and save it as a .reg file, double click to import to registry:

"MinWidth"="-255"

To remove this feature, simply add '-', without the quote, in front of HKEY..........

And double click to remove the feature

For every step, reboot for it to take effect! Enjoy!!

Sounds interesting, any screenshots?

Kind of redundant but here is the original reg key for those instructionally challenged.

"MinWidth"="-2310"

BTW - it does have a nice look to it...

it's nice looking i bet, but when it comes to a situation when you have lots of folders open.. then try to differentiate between them..

i'd still like to see how it'd look like on my pc, but i'm too lazy.. :D maybe l8r..

it's nice looking i bet, but when it comes to a situation when you have lots of folders open.. then try to differentiate between them..

i'd still like to see how it'd look like on my pc, but i'm too lazy.. ;) maybe l8r..

ha, ha Its just a features in Windows 7. Some might like it, some may not.

Usually there is a pop up to show the files when you move your cursor to the taskbar's icon, but you need to install another program to have this pop up.

I will try I to get it!

I got this on a forum

This build is pretty good . real stable. 64 bit causing some driver problems otherwise its very good. i have been running 32 bit of this for last 14 days and believe me this beta is 10 times more stable than vista.

What happens when you have multiple instances of the same program open though. Kinda defeats the purpose doesnt it?

Use Visualtooltip with this! Hover your mouse over the icon will show the pops up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived