Internet Download Manager 5.14 Build 4

jalaffa

IDManager.pngInternet Download Manager (IDM) is a tool to increase download speeds by up to 5 times, resume and schedule downloads. Comprehensive error recovery and resume capability will restart broken or interrupted downloads due to lost connections, network problems, computer shutdowns, or unexpected power outages. Simple graphic user interface makes IDM user friendly and easy to use.

Download

• Replies 13
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the update!

Wonder what happened with the FF IDM bar the support guy talked about :) maybe soon enough ;)

----------------------------------

IDM Support Request: Tips for improving IDM

User name: Andreas

Hello,

I love your product and would like to see some nice new features to speedup things.

Like if IDM began download a que directly when you add something

and when you mark links in Firefox with mark links then rightclick -> Download with IDM that it puts thoose files in a seperate folder automaticly, with i.e. the first file name.

Also wondering whats the ETA for the new build/version?

Well thanks for the lovely product and hope to see many improvements to come

----------------------------------

Thank you for choosing IDM. We will think about your suggestion and may add it to the next version of IDM.

We apologize for the late response, we were upgrading our e-mail servers.

Do you mean expected time of arrival? If you buy the current version of IDM, we will send all registration information immediately. The new version is expected in 2-3 weeks. It will have improvements in Firefox integration (download panel like in IE), and bug fixes.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Dave Saeger

IDM Support

Tonec Inc.

641 Lexington Avenue, 15th fl.

New York, NY, 10022

Thanks for the update!

Like if IDM began download a que directly when you add something

Thanks for the info...

I would like that to happen also. Cultivator said something about being able to auto delete downloaded files from the download list. Maybe I can send them a mail about that next :welcome:

Well none of my tips have been done but I'll keep trying, it's the best download manager but I would like to see some improvements haven't been so much new lately.

SacredCultivator

Shall ask this here given no response from previous build.

But I do have a few questions.

Is there an option that allows IDM to 'auto-quit' after DL's are completed? That's probably the only thing atm that i am not liking too much about IDM.

Oh also, for the Connection speed, wasn't too sure what to input there if my Max DL is roughly 500kbps (4MB connection) but I do hit 500 at times... So I wasn't too sure what to pick/ what custom value to put it.

Oh another thing is... Is it possible to somehow 'auto-clear' the completed dl's?

thanks.

If you go to Schedueler you can choose to have IDM quit after download of the que complete, just curious why I always have it running in the background. :welcome:

The connection isn't that important just the numbers of connections IDM id going to make, I like 4 because it maxes the speed with RS.com premium and doesn't take to long to put the file together, and I also have it put on only 2 files downloading in que at the same time.

SacredCultivator

@Anteus: Ah thanks, I rarely use the Scheduler options for programs, so I'll give that a go and see. Hehe for the Connections yeah I just went with the maximum of 16

Yea, do that but consider lowering the connections to 4, I was like before maxium :unsure:, then when I tried 4 the total download time (including putitng file together) was lower :welcome:

SacredCultivator

Thanks for that tip shall lower it to 4, as I generally dl pretty fast as it is, so shouldn't matter too much.

Initially, I used Internet Download Accelerator. Worked pretty good, but the fixes didn't work all that long. I liked IDA's GUI a bit better until IDM updated it a while back.

Welll but it was a long time since the did any big updates :welcome:

Mailed them last night and got a answer now:

Some new tips for you,

Been using IDM for long time but haven't seen soo many improvements for the past year, just some bugfixes, delete files from hdd and download speed limit.

-new graphic, common it's getting old, too old, need a redesign

-maybe skinnable so you can change icons and so on but a new logo is a must it's 2008 now!

-get the download que to autostart download when added item -integrate with Firefox more, nobody that uses the great IDM are so lame to use IE...

-option for autodelete done downloads

Well take care and love too both hear and see the improvements you're working on!

------

Thank you for choosing IDM. We will think about your suggestions and may add them to the next version of IDM.

Best regards,

Dave Saeger

IDM Support

Tonec Inc.

dear jfe,

the UNREAL patch doesn't work.....

i had used it before and i worked fine

but UNREAL patch for version 5.14 build 4 doesn't work

could u give me

GAG patch

regards

Thanks for this and the gag patch which clears the "Registration" menu, which is otherwise really annoying :coolwink:

Archived