Media Player Classic Home Cinema, fork by clsid, is a free and open-source video and audio player for Windows. MPC-HC is based on the original Guliverkli project and provides a huge amount of features. The new Media Player Classic Home Cinema has anti-tearing options, subtitle synchronisation, support for latest OSes, 32bit and 64bit, has additional video decoders and in particular H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, support for EVR renderer and a lot more. But probably the best thing about this player is the range of formats it supports. It'll play just about anything you throw at it, whether it's an MP3, an Ogg, a MP4 or even a WEBM file. It supports almost all the video and audio codecs, from H.264 to H.265 (HEVC) to even AV1, from MP3 to AAC and a lot more.
Changes in 1.9.10
- Some optimizations for the seek preview functionality
- Seek preview now gets hidden when dragging the seekbar
- Renamed "System Default" video renderer to "Video Mixing Renderer 7". This to prevent people from thinking this ancient renderer is the preferred one. Also changed order of the available renderers to put the recommended ones at the top.
- The player now tries to parse JSON output from youtube-dl even when that has encountered an error. This fixes loading of youtube playlists that contain deleted videos.
- Added a timeout in LAV Splitter code to prevent the player from freezing in case of certain network connection errors during playback of online streams
- Added support for text color tags in WebVTT subtitles
- Subtitle render buffer is now disabled by default. It doesn't provide any noticeable performance benefit for most users.
- A few other small changes
- Fixed subtitle text encoding bug that caused wrong characters to be displayed (regression in 1.9.9)
- Fixed issue that caused wrong keyframe to be show in seek preview window. Now a seek will go to the same frame as shown in the preview.
- Fixed issue in sub picture buffer implementation that could result in reduced rendering performance for animated subtitles in certain cases
- A few other small fixes
Download Installer | 32-Bit
Download Installer | 64-Bit
Download Portable | 32-Bit
Download Portable | 64-Bit
Download | Legacy / Original