Startup Faster! v. 3.0

spasserfan

spasserfan

Startup Faster! optimizes your boot sequence by adjusting execution time and disk load.

When you boot up your computer all startup items start at the same time stressing your hard disk and slowing down the boot time. Startup Faster! can launch applications in a certain order and with a delay between every startup item (to give it time to launch before going to next item =reduced stress on HDD).

Applications that depend on other applications can now be launched after these, thus reducing boot time. You can also launch smaller programs before the big, slow applications to get the system ready faster or you can launch your security software before anything else, and that way ensure your protection before you launch the rest of the programs. We want that HIPS protection before the programs can do something we do not want them to (or the HIPS driver might pause those programs until the GUI is loaded to ask you for a permission, and therefore slowing down the boot).

Startup Faster! has an optional (turned on as standard) startup agent running in the tray (uses only 440 kb RAM!). This agent ensures that new startup items is automatically added to the startup list, otherwise you have to do it manually. Since the agent only uses 440 kb RAM it is actually unnoticeable.

Homepage

Download

The :pirate: can be downloaded from the frontpage just choose Startup Faster! instead of your uninstaller to get the correct key :)

• Replies 8
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good initiative, trying it now, but definitely keeping it, might come in handy some time.

spasserfan
Good initiative, trying it now, but definitely keeping it, might come in handy some time.

It is good to use with systembosterXP, I will explain this in the upcoming guide. But since I am not using that much time on that right now, you just have to wait some time :)

Maybe a guide for this Startup Faster! would come in handy too :pirate:

Sounds like a program I used to use called Startup Delayer. Haven't used it in a while and I also admit that the software isn't updated that frequently, but does it matter? Seems to do a similar job. Anyway, one feature Startup faster doesn't have (from the quick look I gave it) is that startup delayer can show you a little gui during startup that can let you pause the loading of items or start the next program immediately. I found that feature useful if I wanted to just test something and forgot to disable programs loading at boot- I could just pause or stop it immediately. I think it's worth a look if you need this kind of program and want to compare alternatives.

spasserfan
Sounds like a program I used to use called Startup Delayer. Haven't used it in a while and I also admit that the software isn't updated that frequently, but does it matter? Seems to do a similar job. Anyway, one feature Startup faster doesn't have (from the quick look I gave it) is that startup delayer can show you a little gui during startup that can let you pause the loading of items or start the next program immediately. I found that feature useful if I wanted to just test something and forgot to disable programs loading at boot- I could just pause or stop it immediately. I think it's worth a look if you need this kind of program and want to compare alternatives.

spasserfan

Was it useful then? ;)

Just saying it might come in handy some time... I think it did make my boot go a little faster, but it showed some kind of green icon in my tray whilst doing so, which i couldn't turn off. I don't like that kind of things. So that's why i'm just keeping it and not using it anymore.

spasserfan

Was it useful then? ;)

Just saying it might come in handy some time... I think it did make my boot go a little faster, but it showed some kind of green icon in my tray whilst doing so, which i couldn't turn off. I don't like that kind of things. So that's why i'm just keeping it and not using it anymore.

The icon you are referring to is just because the GUI that shows you information about the launching line is minimized as standard (the more the computer has to draw on screen the slower it is, especially when booting where the computer is using all its power on starting up the programs). If you read what the icon says in the illuminated sign: "Optimized loading...". This icon disappears when the loader has loaded all programs and closes itself. To show the GUI you could just double click on the icon, if you prefer that the GUI is shown at every boot you can set this under the Startup Faster! options in the tab named "look & feel", just untick the option "minimize window when startup".

• 4 weeks later...

Was it useful then? :welcome:

The icon you are referring to is just because the GUI that shows you information about the launching line is minimized as standard (the more the computer has to draw on screen the slower it is, especially when booting where the computer is using all its power on starting up the programs). If you read what the icon says in the illuminated sign: "Optimized loading...". This icon disappears when the loader has loaded all programs and closes itself. To show the GUI you could just double click on the icon, if you prefer that the GUI is shown at every boot you can set this under the Startup Faster! options in the tab named "look & feel", just untick the option "minimize window when startup".

Ah, but in that case it would show me a GUI instead of the taskbar icon, which is something I don't want either. So I can chose between 1) A flashing taskbar icon that annoys me or 2) a GUI which I don't want to see... Why can't it just do it's job without showing :P I hate show-offs :P

Archived