Intuit TurboTax 2021 vR12 US

uffbros

yes it does...after you click the zippyshare link you have to add the 117 after www

It appears they don't give you the state download anymore,$40. It may be because the installer is for individual but the med makes it version you want but state isn't free. May have to wait for the Deluxe installer. Anyone know how to get them? Links?

DesertFox1

What happened to the necessary "super patch" file? (w_perrelsuperpatchIS_ttax_2021.090.0100.exe for example)

you do the update thru the program to get to R12...then replace that file in the download...Is that what you mean?

TadaYada

Thank you for this! BTW, I figured out how to make it registered but what string do we change or update in the "Intuit.Ctg.Wte.Service.dll" to select for example to Premier?  It would be nice to know that part since I was able to keep up with the constant updates and not wait for a patch to be published.  Let me know if you know that will be greatly appreciated! Thank you again!

DesertFox1
1 hour ago, uffbros said:

you do the update thru the program to get to R12...then replace that file in the download...Is that what you mean?

Replace what file in the download?  Can you show me the steps, because this is not making sense.

RobrPatty

@uffbros

"Can anyone confirm if last years way to fix that file is definitely not working for 2021? "

I can confirm last years fixing process does not work on TT2021.

There must be a new way because people are hacking the .dll file

Edited by RobrPatty

DesertFox1
1 hour ago, uffbros said:

@uffbros -

Nevermind, I got it.  I assumed it was like last year and we needed a "super patch" file and it appears this is not the case for 2021.  Thanks.

RobrPatty

My mistake update TT was to add state return. R12 still works

Edited by RobrPatty

digitaldon2
6 hours ago, uffbros said:

It appears they don't give you the state download anymore,$40. It may be because the installer is for individual but the med makes it version you want but state isn't free. May have to wait for the Deluxe installer. Anyone know how to get them? Links?

I think the Home and Business and the Premier editions both include one free state download but no free e-file for the state return

TadaYada

To make it registered the process is below:

open Intuit.Ctg.Wte.Service.dll with dnSpy in admin mode then head to the following and expand. See picture attached to then modify the lines to cut out and what remains.

Intuit.Ctg.Wte.Service.ProductConfiguration
IsProductActivationRequired

Then cut out the other lines to make it look like the screenshot below.  Now this process is only to make it go back to registered "Basic" version...I wish someone would tell the other process how to make it Deluxe or Premium.  That part I am missing.

Capture.PNG

nsanezero

Intuit.Ctg.Wte.Service.Entitlement

EntitlementService

turbotax.png

Valid values:

turbotax2.png

I was getting compiler errors due to leaving last years version loaded in dnSpy. I removed it and did 'File->Reload All Assemblies' and was able to compile fine.

Edited by nsanezero
additional complie tip

eRkAnTiv

@TadaYada- make changes to "Intuit.Ctg.Wte.Service.Entitlement.EntitlementService.PersistedEntitledEdition.get_PersistedEntitledEdition()" to return one of the "VariantConst.EditionNames" values to control which edition is active.

DesertFox1
4 hours ago, digitaldon2 said:

I think the Home and Business and the Premier editions both include one free state download but no free e-file for the state return

There are two (2) Deluxe versions available for 2021.  One only includes the Federal return and you have to pay $40.00 for State.  The other includes both Federal & State.  Unfortunately, the Deluxe link above is for Federal returns.  You are correct regarding Premier & Home & Business, both also include State.

Edited by DesertFox1
Info was incorrect. Sorry about that.

cruelsister

Please note that the main turbotax installer contained in the zip file in the OP is not signed by Intuit and should be viewed with suspicion.

RobrPatty

@TadaYada

Here is a screenshot of my activated .dll file(deluxe version)

1090245152_screenshotActivated.thumb.png.e61b300a510ad785698e91085a8ffc6e.png

Big difference from your basic screenshot

Edited by RobrPatty

RobrPatty
3 hours ago, uffbros said:

@RobrPatty...So you can now get the state and not have to pay the $40?

The deluxe version downloaded the state for free but no free e-file for the state return

Edited by RobrPatty