Jump to content

Is there a Fix for Windows 10 Auto Repair Loop and Finding Product Key in CMD?


unding69
 Share

Recommended Posts

unding69

My friends laptop is having the Windows autorepair loop and I haven't seen a solid fix in youtube or google. Is there are fix for this without loosing the personal files?

 

Bonus Question: Is there a way to find windows 10 product key in cmd? (wmic doesn't work). Preparing just in case my last option is to reinstall windows.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

uffbros

Windows 10 won't need the key for activation..It is already on the Microsoft server and will be checked and activated after the clean install.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

andy2004

if you mean the dreaded.. windows is repairing your computer.. and then you tell it to continue only for it to say it cant find anything wrong.. and then tells you immediately afterwards it needs repairing..

There is a fix.. a bootable windows 10 installer flash drive..
Boot from the flash drive. pressing whichever F key you need to select the boot order.. aka USB / CD / HDD..

follow the on screen instructions as though your going to reinstall the OS..  i believe the first screen is where you tell it where you are..
so fill out location. language etc click NEXT..

till you get to the screen that says INSTALL..(SEE PICTURE) DONT PRESS THE INSTALL NOW BUTTON.. bottom left of the screen. REPAIR THIS COMPUTER..

Use that to FIX the repair this computer loop..

Once its FIXed the issue.. reboot the computer as normal <remove the flash drive.  the problem is the bootloader gets corrupted.. and hence the boot loop.

When does it get corrupt. when windows 10 updates itself.. so turn off windows updates.. and manually update when YOU want.

I used to belong to a group on facebook, and this was 90% of the problems people where facing.. i got so bored posting the same fix everytime..
IF you dont have a windows 10 bootable flash drive.. 8gb minimum required.. type in windows 10 media creation tool and follow the instructions on how to create the bootable flash drive.. NOTE: option 2.. creating for using on another computer.

 

No key needed and no activation required.. as your REPAIRING whats already activated..

Windows-10-Install-screen.jpg

Edited by andy2004
more info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

unding69
On 7/26/2021 at 11:14 AM, uffbros said:

Windows 10 won't need the key for activation..It is already on the Microsoft server and will be checked and activated after the clean install.

Thanks. It indeed didn't ask and automatically activated.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

unding69
17 hours ago, andy2004 said:

if you mean the dreaded.. windows is repairing your computer.. and then you tell it to continue only for it to say it cant find anything wrong.. and then tells you immediately afterwards it needs repairing..

There is a fix.. a bootable windows 10 installer flash drive..
Boot from the flash drive. pressing whichever F key you need to select the boot order.. aka USB / CD / HDD..

follow the on screen instructions as though your going to reinstall the OS..  i believe the first screen is where you tell it where you are..
so fill out location. language etc click NEXT..

till you get to the screen that says INSTALL..(SEE PICTURE) DONT PRESS THE INSTALL NOW BUTTON.. bottom left of the screen. REPAIR THIS COMPUTER..

Use that to FIX the repair this computer loop..

Once its FIXed the issue.. reboot the computer as normal <remove the flash drive.  the problem is the bootloader gets corrupted.. and hence the boot loop.

When does it get corrupt. when windows 10 updates itself.. so turn off windows updates.. and manually update when YOU want.

I used to belong to a group on facebook, and this was 90% of the problems people where facing.. i got so bored posting the same fix everytime..
IF you dont have a windows 10 bootable flash drive.. 8gb minimum required.. type in windows 10 media creation tool and follow the instructions on how to create the bootable flash drive.. NOTE: option 2.. creating for using on another computer.

 

No key needed and no activation required.. as your REPAIRING whats already activated..

Windows-10-Install-screen.jpg

thanks for the reply man.

 

i accidentally click on the repair install then accidentally tap on repair with files, i cancelled it by turning the power off. then when it restarted, it got the disk repair loop  so with no more option i resorted to clean install. my issue now is that the office 2013 is asking for a key.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2021 at 9:45 AM, unding69 said:

...

my issue now is that the office 2013 is asking for a key.

But what the question - give to it this key and if you had a genuine registration, just log in to your account and Office will be activated automatically.

Your genuine kay is also stored on Your account. (https://account.microsoft.com/)

However, I think that after such editing like you did, you also need to reinstall Office, because it's quite likely that it's still damaged. Even if it was not damaged before, the probability is now quite high.
NB! Office cannot be fixed any way, old must be uninstalled and everything cleaned up, then pc restarted and only after that can reinstall Office.

Edited by Kalju
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

kamineepandya

please log into your Microsoft account https://account.microsoft.com/ and if any key is attached to  your  account you can download afresh a new office from the link given there.As already stated by respected Kalju  please go for a fresh install.Various geunine keys available at nsane forum and members ready to help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...