Windows 11 Build 21996.1 Dev ISO

kumishthunder

BimBamSmash

Remember the early pubic previews of Windows 10 also looked almost identical to Windows 8.1 - only with a brand new (dare I say superior to what they shipped in the end) start menu?

Edited by BimBamSmash

Nuclear Fallout

What is available right now I bet with you is solely to test if the Developers have not made large mistakes, there will be a VERY different end result at the end of this exercise for sure.

Short, this is a demonstrator.

ace_N_kelly

:)...FRE...iso...

I thought it was a french iso...

Think will wait for it 😉

Can people please recommend some activators or medicines for Windows 10 / 11? I still use hwid kms38 gen mk6 v62.01, but I wonder if there is anything better these days while still being easy to deploy and use.

Any word on system requirements?

Running a dell latitude d830, but virtual box fails sometimes on the keyboard setup and cant proceed forward...

Physical install (dual boot) also fails, saying my PC isn't compatible (it runs w10 insider builds fine)....

VMWare player claims CPU not compatible for VMS 😕

jpescobar

I highly recommend to wait for the official and final release. Upgrade when it will be available in Windows Update.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ajdibi said:

Can people please recommend some activators or medicines for Windows 10 / 11? I still use hwid kms38 gen mk6 v62.01, but I wonder if there is anything better these days while still being easy to deploy and use.

Use this script to activate Windows 11: https://github.com/massgravel/Microsoft-Activation-Scripts/releases

Edit: Typo

Edited by maut
  • Thanks 2

insanedown58

Just installed this now, it definitely gave me the vibes of a cross between ChromeOS and macOS. I like the frosted glass look, it's a step I find more favorable than just being plain solid colors. The animations are a bit too much though but turning them off made it feel snappier than I would've expected. Much like what everyone said, this feels more like a re-skin than a full on next version of Windows but this is expected in an early development build and a "leaked" one no less. The rounded corners is far from perfect though, even the native apps look like a bunch of capsules if you look at them too closely. The centered taskbar doesn't make much sense too, I don't see the point in having it all centered but the option to move it back to the left definitely helps. If Microsoft doesn't flesh out the Start menu in future builds, there will definitely be backlash with the current Start menu design.

If you find issues with installing it on actual hardware and the .dll swap thing doesn't work, what I found to work was using a Windows 10 ISO and then replacing the install.wim in the sources folder from the one in the Windows 11 ISO. 

1 hour ago, shwescorpion said:

Anyone want Win 11 Enterprise LTSC?

TEST.jpg

Yes please

• Like 2

donkey-girl

just bring it down to us

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, grass said:

Yes please

Yes please

1 hour ago, shwescorpion said:

TEST.jpg

Yes please

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shwescorpion said:

TEST.jpg

Yes please

2 hours ago, shwescorpion said:

TEST.jpg

Yes please, also the standard Enterprise if it is available to you.

• Like 1

RobrPatty

Is it homebrew or legit leak?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

ace_N_kelly
8 hours ago, manju said:

VMWare player claims CPU not compatible for VMS 😕

For old CPU , you need VMWare v12.x.x....More recent version of VMWare need a newer CPU

5 hours ago, shwescorpion said:

TEST.jpg

Want it too , if official btw !!

RobrPatty

Its not official that's why he's not sharing. Or its official and afraid of consequences.

• Like 1

dhjohns

It must be fake.  When was MS Store ever in LTSC?  This one has Widgets, also.

I wonder if there's going to be a Windows 11 LTSC, I know about Windows 10 LTSC 2021  new update at end of this year though.,.

Edited by maut

Arachnoid

Linus has a reasonable overview posted and he came up with a workaround of sorts