Intuit TurboTax 2020 vR27 US + Canada Suite

21 minutes ago, supragary said:

anyone else have this problem or know what im doing wrong here .

Are you waiting for the download to complete before opening it?

Are the downloaded file sizes the same as shown on the file-host download pages?

Does your archive software need an update?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• uffbros

• beergut77

• vitorio

• RobrPatty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Intuit TurboTax 2020 vR27 US + Canada Suite Intuit TurboTax is a straightforward and handy application which will let the user complete the tax return forms. Filling out such arrangem

R23 patches for U.S. TT Business and Personal (Home & Bizz, Premier, Deluxe, Basic) editions have been released.  R23 breaks R22 fix for both Business and Personal.  Many states have also been upd

Added an activation tutorial to the original post. Re-wrote the text file and added detailed screenshots and the dnSpy app in both 32-bit and 64-bit. Tested with Deluxe and Premier on 3 machines and i

i will try all the above mentioned solutions and ill let you know. it is downloaded but opens with this message unknown format or damaged

marcelproust
50 minutes ago, supragary said:

i will try all the above mentioned solutions and ill let you know. it is downloaded but opens with this message unknown format or damaged

You are struggling.

Go to

https://nsaneforums.com/frontpage/other-apps/file-managers-archivers/7-zip/

Download | 64-Bit - Alpha

Right-click on the file and then select '7-Zip'

"Extract to '\TT-CN-Returns-2020\'"

If you get any kind of an error message at this point it indicates that your download may have been corrupted and you would need to re-download the file.

You would then see a difference in hash values and/or file size.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I applied the R20 Med without any issues. Completed taxes. Federal is FREE but State is $25.

Shouldn't State be FREE as well?

Edited by Ussovak
21 minutes ago, Ussovak said:

Shouldn't State be FREE as well?

You can purchase and download as many states as you need. The first you download is included free. However, TurboTax Basic and TurboTax Business do not include the state return for free and have to be purchased.

12 minutes ago, vitorio said:

You can purchase and download as many states as you need. The first you download is included free. However, TurboTax Basic and TurboTax Business do not include the state return for free and have to be purchased.

OK. Thank you. But I think I misspoken. I meant to say I can e-file Federal FREE but not State.

Shouldn't e-file for State be FREE as well once the R20 Meds is applied?

59 minutes ago, Ussovak said:

OK. Thank you. But I think I misspoken. I meant to say I can e-file Federal FREE but not State.

Shouldn't e-file for State be FREE as well once the R20 Meds is applied?

Turbo Tax has always charged money to e-file the state tax return.  Even if you purchase TurboTax, one state download is included.  But, you must pay to e-file the state return.

While it is true TT charges to e-File a state return, the cost can be avoided by simply printing the forms and mailing.  It seems crazy that states operate this way because paper returns cost vastly more than electronic forms to process, but for now that is the way that it is. 

• Like 3

The situation with payment for state return is a bit more complex. The NY state e-file is free whereas others like NJ is $20. I am not sure if it is Intuit charge or state charge,

I would say it would be strange for any state to charge for e-file but not for regular paper/regular mail, since processing paper returns must be more labor intensive, so it makes no sense, but governments do not always do the smartest things.

I hear that in case of Federal return the company charging for software is prohibited from charging for e-file.

Not sure it clears the issue, but felt compelled to add my $.02 to the discussion.

--Boris

The below instructions helped me to prepare multistate 2020 TurboTax return without paying for states' software:

1. Start process to purchase state and close popup. You should see 2 states listed.
2. Quick TurboTax
3. Delete the following 2 registry entries. You should see entries for the additional state abbreviation after the w (e.g. wakper, wazper, etc)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Intuit\TY20\NEEDEPERSTATES
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Intuit\TY20\PREFILLPERSTATES

4. Start TurboTax

1bigloser2
On 3/4/2021 at 4:21 AM, uffbros said:

There is a program update thru the program updater but I get the following error. I was unable to resolve doing what they had listed to try. It is dated 3/4/21 Anyone else?

Screenshot 2021-03-04 051422.jpg😎

Same error here after program update. Downloaded the manual update, Installed, Reapplied R20 med and working perfectly again!

2 hours ago, uffbros said:

I only paid $20 to efile the state not $40 using Deluxe

With Premiere I paid $20 to e-File for a state return I filed in February and $25 for a state return I filed in March. Intuit has an undocumented sliding state e-File fee schedule depending on when you file.  If you wait until April it will go up again, probably to $30.  Just another reason to file as early as possible.  Not sure if all states are the same but I encountered the same sliding scale in past years.  One year I tried to avoid the fee by printing and mailing, but my state claimed they never received my return!  

Edited by Tax Man

This is what I did, even is not full proof

Mail Your Tax Return with USPS

Use the U.S. Postal Service® to mail your tax return, get proof that you mailed it, and track its arrival at the IRS.

It is more convenient to efile through TurboTax and I used to do that. Until I realized it’s not $20 convenient when I could print 5 pages and mail for about a dollar with tracking. I plan to do the same this year.

• Like 2

Sure if your state return is only five pages and reasonably simple, it makes sense to mail or see if your are eligible for a free e-File on your state website.  FWIW my state return is 25 pages and ineligible for free e-File. If you are claiming capital gains or losses, free e-Filing is not available in many states.  It's an individual choice whether the convenience is worth the fee. YMMV.  

Silence820

Hello everyone

I see I am late to the party this year.

Can someone point my in the direction of the latest

working TurboTax U.S. Business

Thanks for your time

4 hours ago, Silence820 said:

Hello everyone

Thanks for your time

If the link for it in the first post of this thread isn't the latest, you can download it and run the update, and then it will be the latest.

16 hours ago, Silence820 said:

Hello everyone

Thanks for your time

The link on the first page for the US Business edition works fine.

The latest release is R20, you can either update it manually or thru the program and apply the R20 medicine.

If you've used TT from here before, you should know the drill.

Is there a new update revision after R20? Is so, please provide the  link to the new revision file for Intuit.Wte.Service.dll" file. Thanks.

Edited by vitorio
  • virge changed the title to Intuit TurboTax 2020 vR27 US + Canada Suite