• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• beergut77

• Lacius

• slim26

• happycow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Intuit TurboTax 2020 vR18 US + Canada Suite Intuit TurboTax is a straightforward and handy application which will let the user complete the tax return forms. Filling out such arrangem

Added an activation tutorial to the original post. Re-wrote the text file and added detailed screenshots and the dnSpy app in both 32-bit and 64-bit. Tested with Deluxe and Premier on 3 machines and i

R18 has been released, and it requires you to use dnSpy to make new medicine.   R18 update: http://patchdelivery.turbotax.intuit.com/w_perrelsuperpatch_ttax_2020.180.0100.exe R18 medici

I installed Turbotax Premiere.  I then let it update to the latest version (2020.48.14.58).

The manual patch process no longer works for me.  When I try to compile the DLL, dnSpy reports several compilation errors.

Has anyone been able to resolve this?

8 hours ago, Rinlag said:

Here is the r14 dll working.  This fix should work for all TT Personal 2020 editions.

Reveal hidden contents

Site: https://www.upload.ee
Sharecode: /files/12806095/R14_fix.zip.html

Archive Password: nsane-r14fix

RinlagL

How were you able to edit the DLL file.  When I try to do so, I get several compilation errors:

image.thumb.png.2589fb5730fbfb1bef0ca035bbcbee61.png

41 minutes ago, digitaldon2 said:

Gandalf44.

Did you run dnSpy as an administator?

Digitaldon2:

Yes, I ran dnSpy as Administrator.  I followed Virge's instructions exactly.  I still get compilation errors. 

Edited by gandalf44

Gandalf44:

This is what mine looks like:

// Intuit.Ctg.Wte.Service.Activation.ProductActivationService
// Token: 0x0600301C RID: 12316 RVA: 0x0000243F File Offset: 0x0000063F
public bool IsProductActivationRequired()
{
    return false;
}

Edited by digitaldon2
  • Like 1

FYI all....     You have to edit the original DLL in it's default folder.  If DLL being edited is not in original default folder you will get compile errors....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, nickhog said:

FYI all....     You have to edit the original DLL in it's default folder.  If DLL being edited is not in original default folder you will get compile errors....

Nickhog:

Thanks.  That was my problem.  I had moved the DLL to another folder.  Once I edited it in the original folder, I no longer got compile errors.

Any way to reset the 5 e-file to 0, I can do it on a Mac, but not on a win (with out re-installing "obvious".)  Just wondering... Thank you in advance. 

Edited by gussy23
13 hours ago, Keiser13 said:

Any sight of "Business" [not "H+B"]?

I'm wondering the same thing. It's the first time I need to file a 1065 and issue K-1s for a family member. Hopefully someone can upload a copy here. Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, 2sub said:

I'm wondering the same thing. It's the first time I need to file a 1065 and issue K-1s for a family member. Hopefully someone can upload a copy here. Thanks in advance!

Still plenty of time for that deadline March 16.  I'm sure it'll be available way before then.

16 hours ago, Keiser13 said:

Keeping my eye out for the same.  Fortunately that return isn't due for awhile.

On 1/26/2021 at 7:20 PM, Lacius said:

FYI that the additional free states trick doesn't appear to work anymore, but that can be mitigated by using a VM or separate computer.

Lacius, (on this second install scenario...) is it OK to have already completed the first state while then doing this step (or the tax file being saved after Federal but before state progress, then essentially doing states at the same time on different installs)?

EDIT: Realize you may not be filing in two states to know the answer and just testing functionality.

Edited by happycow
marcelproust
On 1/25/2021 at 8:15 PM, Rinlag said:

Here is the R14 updater.exe for all TT 2020 Personal editions.  As of this post, this TT updater is not yet available on the TT website.

Reveal hidden contents

Site: https://ufile.io
Sharecode: /ttg8ey8z

Confirming success with this. Thank you to all.

Name: Intuit.Ctg.Wte.Service.dll

Size: 5069824 bytes (4951 KiB)

SHA256: 8337536B6516E244B535B7807D12B60ADD098C0E834312563D7ADFE5027F7554

TheCandyMan83

Hey any update on when Home & Business will be available?  Being self-employed with certain tax situations it always seemed to be the best version for me.

12 hours ago, happycow said:

Lacius, (on this second install scenario...) is it OK to have already completed the first state while then doing this step (or the tax file being saved after Federal but before state progress, then essentially doing states at the same time on different installs)?

EDIT: Realize you may not be filing in two states to know the answer and just testing functionality.

I normally file two states for a family member, but this year I don't have to, which made it a good year for me to not have the multiple free states trick.

If it were me, I'd do my federal taxes and my one free state, save the TT file, go to a second computer or VM, install TT and the different free state, open the save file from the first computer on the second computer, and see what transferred over to the second state.

I was planning on playing around with the multiple states trick this weekend, but I'm not confident I'll get it to work without a process that's super convoluted.

1 hour ago, Lacius said:

I normally file two states for a family member, but this year I don't have to, which made it a good year for me to not have the multiple free states trick.

If it were me, I'd do my federal taxes and my one free state, save the TT file, go to a second computer or VM, install TT and the different free state, open the save file from the first computer on the second computer, and see what transferred over to the second state.

I was planning on playing around with the multiple states trick this weekend, but I'm not confident I'll get it to work without a process that's super convoluted.

Copy that, thanks!

1 hour ago, happycow said:

Copy that, thanks!

To make things "easier," you might be able to move the second state from the second computer to the first computer, and TurboTax will recognize that you have both states installed. I tested it without actually doing my taxes, and it seemed to show up.

For example, if you have California as your first state on Computer #1, and you need to add Nevada to Computer #1, setup TurboTax on Computer #2 (or a VM), download Nevada on Computer #2, and then copy Nevada from "C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Premier 2020\Forms" from Computer #2 to the same location on Computer #1. Restart TurboTax on Computer #1, and both California and Nevada should show up.

Edited by Lacius
  • Like 2
On 1/28/2021 at 8:06 PM, Keiser13 said:

On 1/29/2021 at 9:43 AM, 2sub said:

I am also waiting for the BUSINESS edition.

Found "Intuit TurboTax All Editions 2020 with Updates" on another site, got all excited and downloaded it. But it only has the Deluxe, Premier and H&B editions (with R8 and R14 updates).

Hope the 'Business' edition becomes available soon. I usually need a week or so of tweaking before I am satisfied with the numbers and am ready to file.

• virge changed the title to Intuit TurboTax 2020 vR18 US + Canada Suite