• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pachuco

• sam3971

• DLord

• ZinnPL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 delivers faster, more advanced protection against today’s sophisticated attacks. This multi-layered, industry-leading solution features a single powerful agent designed

Download full installation, Win x32/x64, Mac, Linux and SEP Manager:   site: https://www.comss.ru sharecode: /download/page.php?id=569   Dropdown top left allows you to select

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/dam/broadcom/techdocs/symantec-security-software/endpoint-security-and-management/endpoint-protection/generated-pdfs/Release_Notes_SEP14.3.0.1.pdf

Download full installation, Win x32/x64, Mac, Linux and SEP Manager:

site: https://www.comss.ru

sharecode: /download/page.php?id=569

Dropdown top left allows you to select download.

Site in Russian - use Google Chrome to translate if required.

Edited by MIkeVirtual

@maia

Many thanks!

I wonder if this is what we can now get since SEP is under a new owner... It would also be interesting to know if this is from the same (Russian?) source as previously (except for when the evaluation copy was accessible).  

VirusTotal doesn't seem happy with at least Setup.exe and Sep64.msi, which are reported to have [email protected]

Cheers!

51 minutes ago, Pachuco said:

@maia

Many thanks!

I wonder if this is what we can now get since SEP is under a new owner... It would also be interesting to know if this is from the same (Russian?) source as previously (except for when the evaluation copy was accessible).  

VirusTotal doesn't seem happy with at least Setup.exe and Sep64.msi, which are reported to have [email protected]

Cheers!

I would think that the files are fine. Both questioned files have a digital signature of either Symantec or Broadcom. Moreover, when I checked both files with VT, the only scanning engine that detects anything is: Rising. On top of that, the detection is for a Heuristic threat. This is based on behavior, could very well be a false positive. As far as the source, this source has been around a long time, I would not worry about that for now.

1 hour ago, Pachuco said:

@sam3971 You're probably right.

Just one question - where in VirusTotal can you see that the threat is from heuristic (as opposed to generic) detection? 

Cheers!

I honestly believe that was with the setup.exe, it is not "Inconclusive" for this file. As for SEP64.msi, it is showing as a generic trojan for Rising but given it has a digital signature and only Rising is seeing a threat, I would not worry about it. 60 other vendors are stating the same thing. Let me something different to see if different results apply.

Update: Ironically, I had VirusTotal run a new scan on the same file with modern definitions and now nothing is detecting anything, lol.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/6c24637175258c4041f58ea920b308e867d2c7907f1250b452dec96c9ed3cf87/detection

Edited by sam3971

@DLord 

Aren't they? I guess it depends on what you mean by publicly available...  Below a capture from the link provided by MIkeVirtual

capture_2020-08-06.thumb.png.94eedf8b7ee762a636bcc84b3cf5a89b.png

Notice the cursor location and the corresponding link address at the bottom. The 14.3 MP1 is the 14.3.1148.100.  Moreover, VirusTotal now only have the EFAInst.exe with a single positive (hopefully another false).

Cheers!

11 hours ago, Pachuco said:

@DLord 

Aren't they? I guess it depends on what you mean by publicly available...  Below a capture from the link provided by MIkeVirtual

capture_2020-08-06.thumb.png.94eedf8b7ee762a636bcc84b3cf5a89b.png

Notice the cursor location and the corresponding link address at the bottom. The 14.3 MP1 is the 14.3.1148.100.  Moreover, VirusTotal now only have the EFAInst.exe with a single positive (hopefully another false).

Cheers!

No my friend, those are download links for the main setup file for the new version for various OSes and languages.

The client-only patches (which used to be publicly available to download) are used to upgrade the old installed version to the new one.

• Thanks 2