• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rinlag

• Tax Man

• Lacius

• uffbros

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Intuit TurboTax All Editions 2019 v2019.41.8.190 US Versions Only Languages: English  Editions: Deluxe, Home & Business, Premier, Business   TurboTax Premier software mak

R24 TT update for PERSONAL TT editions (Home & Business, Premier, Deluxe, etc.) has been released today 04/01.  R24 BREAKS the latest R23.1 dll fix.  The R24 updater updates federal forms and inst

I was browsing a torrent site and looking at the comments when I read about a method to self-crack Turbotax 2019. Has anyone used this method?   Here's some instructions I came up with so yo

On 12/26/2020 at 1:02 PM, vitorio said:

This are the same instructions I have been followed without success. Thanks anyway.

@Vitorio,

Were you successful in recompiling  Intuit.Ctg.Wte.Service.dll after modification?
For unknown reasons, when I tried to compile the modified file, I get errors starting with: "The type or namespace name 'IProductActivationService' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)" .

If I then use this new file anyway with TT, the program crashes.

Edited by viking
11 hours ago, vitorio said:

TT2019 Home and Business. Windows 10 64 bits.

That should work.  Is there any chance you are blocking connections to the TT authentication server?  I understand some people complained that their activated TT still asked for activation.  I believe it was related to a bad internet connection.  Also were you able to get it working back in the first half of 2020?  Or has it never worked for you?  

Edited by Tax Man
BlueAlphabet
19 hours ago, player04 said:

No turbotax 2020?

I have seen the 2020 mac version floating around out there, but no activation yet for them I believe. Nothing for Windows that I am aware of yet :(

On 12/25/2020 at 9:32 PM, beng999 said:

you can get dnSpy from https://github.com/dnSpy/dnSpy/releases

1. Install TT H&B 2019 and get the latest updates during setup. When it restarts and asks for activation, close the window
2. Download dnSpy-net###.zip from 0xd4d's GitHub at: github dot com/0xd4d/dnSpy/releases
3. Extract dnSpy-net###.zip to a folder and run dnSpy.exe as administrator! (If you don't, it will not work)
4. In the dnSpy program, click on File -> Open. Navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Home & Business 2019\32bit" and click on "Intuit.Ctg.Wte.Service.dll" and click Open
5. The file will open and be highlighted in the left pane. Click on the arrow next to the file name in the left pane to expand the item. A purple item will show, click on the arrow to expand the menu
6. Find the yellow item labeled "Intuit.Ctg.Wte.Service.Activation" and click on it. A green item called "ProductActivationService" will show, click on it
7. A bunch of orange names will now show. Find the one called "IsProductActivationRequired() : bool" and right click on it. Click on the option that says "Edit Method (C#) ..."
8. A window with code will open. Within the code, delete lines 13-30 so that the method only shows

public bool IsProductActivationRequired()
{

return true;
}

9. In the code thats left, change "return true" to "return false"

10. At the bottom of the window, click "Compile" and the window will close
11. In the main window of dnSpy, click on File -> Save Module. A window will open, click on "OK"
12. Close the dnSpy program and run TT H&B 2019. Your product is now "Activated"

worked great that one :) 

On 12/30/2020 at 11:25 PM, Rinlag said:

TT released R56 on 11/06/20.  The following repair is tested and works on all TT 2019 personal products

@Rinlag

Link provided says:

"There is not such file"

Please verify. Thanks.

On 1/3/2021 at 6:57 PM, virge said:

2020 version has been delayed for official; release until towards the end of January. People who bought it on Amazon and other places are saying its very buggy and not completed

I see it for release and download direct from their site at this time.

https://shopping.turbotax.intuit.com/unified/desktop-purchase/shopping?route=shopping

I suppose there is no medicine for it, yet.

On 1/3/2021 at 2:30 AM, BlueAlphabet said:

I have seen the 2020 mac version floating around out there, but no activation yet for them I believe. Nothing for Windows that I am aware of yet :(

It is available from their website at this time, for Windows.

I suppose there is no medicine available at this time.

https://shopping.turbotax.intuit.com/unified/desktop-purchase/shopping?route=shopping

“back in April of 2019, ProPublica revealed that TurboTax and other suppliers were deliberately hiding the pages for their free services in order to convince taxpayers to purchase additional features. As a result, in early 2020, the IRS published rules prohibiting these practices. Still, it pays to be careful.”

Source: How to file and pay your 2020 taxes online