Android Roms, kernels, Mods, Xposed etc

Technology

This thread will be based on Android roms and mods.

Anyone needing help regards to roms, kernels, mods etc can decision here..

This thread will help user with there device or any problem they are having..

Disclaimer:

Use custom roms, custom kernels, Mods, Tweaks, Kitchen knife..at your own risk. NO responsibility will be taken, that is why it advisable to make backup of stock rom and data.

Edited by Technology

Required kitkat rom for micromax canvas a111. Or is there any other way to upgrade canvas a111, jellybean to kitkat ?

Required kitkat rom for micromax canvas a111. Or is there any other way to upgrade canvas a111, jellybean to kitkat ?

I suggest going for custom rom. Unless, the factory image is available for this particular device. Is this a new device, when did it come out.

And can you give me some spec about your device.

Edited by Technology

[Xposed] Gel Setting v1.7

Alrighty! I don't understand why Google wants me to have this omnipresent search bar on every home screen if there obviously is Google Now / Google Search embedded into the launcher if you go to the left page. So after some searching I found a way to hide it. But it will show again if you go to the left screen; no functionality is lost. Of course digging through the code I found some more things which are customizable.

It got updated yesterday v1.7 from v1.6. Bring excellent new features and bug fixes. Check it out....

Changlog v1.7:

added: Icon pack support [Premium]

added: dynamic calendar icon (currently only supported by Today Calendar) or in a few icon packs

added: show search bar on default homescreen

added: even count of app dock icons

added: set position of all apps button

added: customizable scroll speed

added: hide only icon labels in folders

added: negative homescreen margins

fixed: Google search bar hidden but space not available

XGELS UI: blocking Freedom and it's purchases now. Time to get real, guys!

XGELS UI: added French translation (by Bokoblin)

XGELS UI: updated translations

Device works on:

Anything with pure Google experience like Nexus or even custom rom with Google Launcher.

Note: When install Gel Xposed module don't soft boot the device, it causes certain issues. For safety do complete reboot

Gel Setting Module Premium

Link:

Sharecode: /um8i7c2q7tvn

[Mod] Pure Performance Golden Edition Performance Enhancement

It improves the android system at 360°! Basically this engine is a collection of concepts of all performance engine of the forum, that none of us will ever be able to install because many would conflict.
My testers were stunned by the power of this engine, but why not try it yourself? Are you ready to receive scary performances, to blow up the AnTuTu score counter?

◢ Features ◣

- Android performances improved at 360°
- Radically improved management ram on android (Lags...adios!)
- Script lightweight and revised to be adapted to this engine
- Improves a lot the graphics: of course Pure Graphic™HD, Pure Dithering Plus™ and... AOSPA 3.60 system tweaks
- Scan multimedia time drastically reduced
- Network Improvements, 3G experience even in 2G modality
- All SQlite database optimized
- Enable hardware features turned off by default for a better experience on entry level devices
- Greatly increases the score AnTuTu: Try it to believe it!!
- Reduces the startup time of Android
- A version for stock rom and one for CM, to squeeze any roms!
- Allows you to play ported games without lags
- Cleans the system every 24 hours, thecache every week and the Dalvik every month (cronos easter egg)
- Automatically Zipalign on each boot (sensitive to the user)

Battery

- Drastically decreased the drainage of battery
- Check the activities that consume too much battery stop them with PureWakelocks™
- When the phone is charging reduces system services for faster charging
- The battery is calibrated on every boot
- Disable animation of the system when the battery is nearly exhausted
- Improvements in build.prop as regards the part of consumption

Graphics, Screen, Images

- Enables a non-aggressive dithering to save CPU
- When you lock the device, the engine makes sure that the GPU is turned off
- Enables deep sleepalso in the bugged rom
- Parts of bravia engine
- Of course parts of CrossBreeder (credits to dev)
- Of course parts of Adrenaline Engine (credits to dev)
- Of course PureGraphics HD, even though I already told you wink.gif
- Of course V6 supercharger
- Generates video entropy (like seeder)

CPU, Governors, I/O Schedulers

- Slightly improves the scaling of the frequencies (for better results you need a good kernel)
- Lightens the load on the CPU switching the workload to GPU rendering
- Enable the swap partition in Android (experimental)

Official Website

Download

Stock Rom

CM based Rom

Uninstaller

Instruction:

Works on all Android devices with NO restriction of Android OS version.

Need custom recovery in order to flash the zip file.

If performance is not working Uninstall zip is available, just flash in custom recovery.

>>>Important: Backup your rom and data before flashing. After flashing the zip > clean dalvik and cache. Recommended<<<

All Credits goes to Jeeko for creating this Mod

[Hacking] MoaAD. Mother of All AD-Blocking (Blocks Malware Spyware Bloatware)

Mother of AD BLOCKING to STOP those Annoying ADs (Text and Media), Crazy Malware and Spyware, Bloatware, Possibly POP-Ups and other Nonsense Unwanted Parasites from the Internet. NO apps required

NOTE: Some GooglePlay/Amazon images/icons might be blocked due to the fact that they are hosted from AdServers. I am Sorry for the inconvience. But you can manually remove entries from 'hosts' file as per your wish.

Note: MoaAD doesn't completely block all ads, but instead minimize the Ads.

2Note: Performance concern, slow response!!! Thats not the case compare to other Ads blocking apps. But although, its has some delays due to service startup and running maybe in device booting.

Compatibility:

Android OS: v4.0+, v4.1+, v4.2+, v4.3+ and v4.4+ Root and Non-Root

Devices: Min 1 GB ram and 1Ghz CPU to run effective with out issues.

Wifi/Mobile Data: No Proxy or disable them for MoaAD to run.

Required: Root required

Installation Process:

Flash in custom recovery. That's it.....

Download

MoaAD zip

Revert zip

Official Website:

Disclaimer:

Use at own risk, for safety make backup of rom and data. NO Responsibility will be taken.

All Credits goes to BSDgeek_Jake

hi dude I need to update my alcatel ot 985n android 2.3.6 ginger bread so what shall I do plzzz iam trying long back ago

hi dude I need to update my alcatel ot 985n android 2.3.6 ginger bread so what shall I do plzzz iam trying long back ago

Hey,

Are asking to update to GB 2.3.6 or 4.0+??

How to upgrade my DELL XCD 35's Froyo 2.2 to any of the versions like 2.3.6 0r 4+? :think:
Is there any custom ROM available? if yes, then please help me out to upgrade the said device. :beg:

How to upgrade my DELL XCD 35's Froyo 2.2 to any of the versions like 2.3.6 0r 4+? :think:

Is there any custom ROM available? if yes, then please help me out to upgrade the said device. :beg:

Use custom rom, but don't use JB custom rom since your device has less ram and GPU power, it will create performance and laging issues. But this is my recommendation. Use GB custom rom if you can find any.

Check this link out.

Use custom rom, but don't use JB custom rom since your device has less ram and GPU power, it will create performance and laging issues. But this is my recommendation. Use GB custom rom if you can find any.

Check this link out.

long ago tried & tested these custom ROM's but weren't working on my H/S.

Reason : when selecting "Apply Update from Zip" these ROM's were not getting detected by my H/S, same is the case now. :(

Reason : when selecting "Apply Update from Zip" these ROM's were not getting detected by my H/S, same is the case now. :(

What are you using to flash custom roms?

What are you using to flash custom roms?

:rolleyes: simple workaround, Just copy the Downloaded ROM to Empty Memory card, In recovery mode select Apply update from ZIP that's all! :huh:

:rolleyes: simple workaround, Just copy the Downloaded ROM to Empty Memory card, In recovery mode select Apply update from ZIP that's all! :huh:

Are you using CWM or TWRP. custom recovery. I will recommend to use TWRP, it handles things better.

Are you using CWM or TWRP. custom recovery. I will recommend to use TWRP, it handles things better.

I was using CWM mode. So how to use TWRP? Guide please? :please:

Not sure how that device works, but you could try TWRP manager to install custom recovery. But please please make backup of your current rom and data. But there is another issue in hand that is CWM backup and data doesn't work on TWRP as far as I am concern, same TWRP backups doesn't work for CWM,

I recommend make backup of data with titanium that's more important. Then try it out, if you want. Your choice..

Website

TWRP Manager Full

Sharecode: /su2ah2he16ss

Hey,

Are asking to update to GB 2.3.6 or 4.0+??

I want to upgrade gb 2.3.6 to 4.0 icream sandwich

got it

got it

I will recommend not to upgrade from GB to ICS, since your device have low specs it will create performance and system wide issues. But if you really want to try you could go for custom rom, if there is any available for your device.

Not sure how that device works, but you could try TWRP manager to install custom recovery. But please please make backup of your current rom and data. But there is another issue in hand that is CWM backup and data doesn't work on TWRP as far as I am concern, same TWRP backups doesn't work for CWM,

I recommend make backup of data with titanium that's more important. Then try it out, if you want. Your choice..

Website

TWRP Manager Full

Sharecode: /su2ah2he16ss

I had a bad experience using third party ROM Managers. Check Here: //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/206814-solved-samsung-galaxy-ace-s5830-not-working-after-using-cwm-6046-rom-manager/ :dunno:

BTW, the app link you shared is incompatible with my device!

nzZYKRe.png

I had a bad experience using third party ROM Managers. Check Here: //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/206814-solved-samsung-galaxy-ace-s5830-not-working-after-using-cwm-6046-rom-manager/ :dunno:

BTW, the app link you shared is incompatible with my device!

How did you flashed CWM custom recovery on to your device in the first place?

:rolleyes: Already shared this with you, see post #13

got it

I will recommend not to upgrade from GB to ICS, since your device have low specs it will create performance and system wide issues. But if you really want to try you could go for custom rom, if there is any available for your device.

thanks for suggestion

iam not taking one more step in the upgrade process

:rolleyes: Already shared this with you, see post #13

OH, I think you don't have custom recovery. That is why you are having problems, in custom recovery it doesn't have the feature ''Apply update from zip''. I think you are using stock recovery. What does it say when you enter to recovery mode in the bootloader, the first message or anything else on the screen??

[Mod] Dalvik+Bionic Library Optimization (Flashable zip files)

Detail:

This is Qualcomm-Optimization libraries. This was officially release for Nexus 4 but also worked on Nexus 5. This mod dramatically improve benchmarking, and also make the device bit smoother somehow.

This Dalvik-Bionic Optimization might work on other devices, but before ziping these files please make nadroid backup for safety.

Installation:

Custom recovery required.

Flash the zip in custom recovery. That's it...

Warning:

Please make nandroid backup before flashing this zip. No, responsibility will be taken.

Download

Moto X 4.4.2 Dalvik

Moto X 4.4.2 Bionic

Galaxy S5 Dalvik

Galaxy S5 Bionic

Z2 Dalvik

Z2 Bionic

Oneplus One Dalvik

Oneplus One Bionic

Revert zip files:

4.4.0 KRT16M

4.4.1 KOT49E

4.4.2 KOT49H

4.4.3 KTU84M

[Mod] Stock Google Dialer 4.4.3 (flash zip file)

Description:

Recently Google released an update Kitkat 4.4.3, with it new Google Dialer. This is Stock Google Dialer NOT CM11 Google Dialer that comes with most custom rom.

Important:

Make backup of current rom and data before flashing. I will not held responsible, if anything fails. Thank You

Installation:

After making backup

Flash the zip in custom recovery.

Clean dalvik and cache in custom recovery (recommended)

Credit:

Technology

Tested Device:

Nexus 5

Don't have more to test on....

Let me know if it works on your devices.. :)

Link:

Sharecode: /rq22aa21hh3v