Government to Run Cyberattack ‘Drill’ in November

Ambrocious

Drills are notoriously the perfect cover for false flag ops

Adan Salazar
Infowars.com
Sept. 6, 2013

A multi-national terror drill is scheduled to take place in the coming months that supposedly aims to assess, test and validate vital infrastructure resources should they come under an unlikely cyberattack.

According to the New York Times, “…thousands of utility workers, business executives, National Guard officers, F.B.I. antiterrorism experts and officials from government agencies in the United States, Canada and Mexico are preparing for an emergency drill in November that will simulate physical attacks and cyberattacks that could take down large sections of the power grid.”

seccon2.jpg

DOWNLOAD THIS PDF

The various companies and organizations across North America set to take part in the drill will be able to do so from their workplaces, with the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) in … “announcing successive failures.”

“One example, organizers say, is a substation break-in that officials initially think is an attempt to steal copper. But instead, the intruder uses a USB drive to upload a virus into a computer network,” reports the Times.

A NERC PowerPoint presentation explains scenarios will “have far-reaching application that can exercise the plans and processes of all players,” will “feature prolonged black-out,” and says NERC will provide “several scenario workstreams for entities to select from.”

Over the past few years, the Department of Homeland Security, the CIA and others have moved to instill fears that a terrorist cyberattack could potentially wipe out power grids, crippling infrastructure and leaving hundreds of Americans without power, food, and water. These types of drills should be red flags for those who know the establishment’s problem-reaction-solution model.

In February 2010, we reported on the Bipartisan Policy Center’s “Cyber Shockwave” drill, which provided “an unprecedented look at how the government would develop a real-time response to a large-scale crisis affecting much of the nation.” A BPC promotion video insinuated that the cyber threat would likely come from China or Russia.

Last November, the National Academy of Sciences also released a report entitled “Terrorism and the Electric Power Delivery System,” detailing how“Terrorists could destroy key elements of the electricity generation and delivery system, causing blackouts that are unprecedented in this country in duration and extent,” and how “Under some circumstances (e.g. a heat wave) such blackouts could also lead to significant loss of life.”

Earlier this year, former DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano also warned that a “cyber 9/11” could happen “imminently,” that is, unless Congress passed legislation “governing cyber security so the government could share information with the private sector to prevent an attack on infrastructure, much of which is privately owned,” according to a Reuters article.

Former CIA boss Robert James Woolsey, also earlier this year, warned the House Committee on Energy and Commerce of the threats to critical infrastructures posed by an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attack.

“Because cyber preparedness should encompass EMP preparedness – and since EMP is an

existential threat – it is imperative that Government play a supervisory and coordinating role to achieve protection against these threats swiftly,” Woolsey concluded.

Drills are notoriously the guise by which governments dismantle citizens’ rights, and have a propensity for being used as cover in the event that actual attacks occur – often perpetrated by the very governments conducting the drills (i.e. 9/11, 7/7).

Former NSA employee Charlie Miller has also gone on record stating it would be extremely difficult to pinpoint from where a cyberattack originates. “Maybe a computer from China is attacking you but really that computer is some Russian dude who’s logged into that computer,” he said. “So you can’t tell if it was Russia or China.”

Miller continued: “On the opposite side, it will make attribution really hard for your opponent because you’ll be able to attack from a thousand different places, and from all over the world and they’re not going to know who you are.”

Will November’s drill merely be an exercise testing the effectiveness of the establishment’s ability to cut off power in various areas?

Will it be used as an excuse to usher in a soft form of martial law complete with riot police and checkpoints?

Or is this just more theater justifying further government restrictions on the Internet, which Sen. Jay Rockefeller has said we might “…have been better if we had never invented…,” and which former foreign policy advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski has lamented for accelerating a global awakening and resistance to the New World Order?

This article was posted: Friday, September 6, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Source: Infowars

Edited by Ambrocious

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ambrocious

• dMog

• humble3d

Top Posters In This Topic

gee..where i work, just yesterday,i ran a fire drill as per government standards for safety in the work place.. i must therefore be a false flag operative working for the CIA..according to info wars....how is the lawsuit coming on the nsane mods for moving your posts and for a guy who wanted to quit this place a few short hours ago..you seem to be pasting a lot of new info wars crap..who are you bait targeting now

Edited by dMog

gee..where i work, just yesterday,i ran a fire drill as per government standards for safety in the work place.. i must therefore be a false flag operative working for the CIA..according to info wars....how is the lawsuit coming on the nsane mods for moving your posts and for a guy who wanted to quit this place a few short hours ago..you seem to be pasting a lot of new info wars crap..who are you bait targeting now

Be aware of the possibilities of false flag terrorism.

• 2 weeks later...