Bradley Manning not guilty of “aiding the enemy,” convicted on most other counts

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

WikiLeaks' best known leaker provided Cablegate docs, "Collateral Murder" video.

8kxKrPx.jpg

Manning will not be free anytime soon.

After a military trial that lasted nearly two months, a military judge has found Private Bradley Manning guilty of most of the counts that he faced, but not guilty of charges of “aiding the enemy," the most serious of the remaining 12 charges he faced. However, the young soldier was convicted of espionage, theft and computer fraud charges.

As The Guardian reported from the courtroom: "The judge also accepted Manning’s version of several of the key dates in the WikiLeaks disclosures, and took off some of the edge from other less serious charges. But the overriding toughness of the verdict remains: the soldier was found guilty in their entirety of 17 out of the 22 counts against him, and of an amended version of four more."

The British newspaper reporter present at the Fort Meade, Maryland courtroom also wrote that Manning's family is "disappointed in today’s verdicts, but happy that Judge agreed Brad never intended to help America’s enemies."

jGVJ4QY.jpg

During a pre-trial hearing in February 2013, US Army Private First Class Bradley Manning famously admitted to supplying WikiLeaks with the massive trove of diplomatic cable documents along with the video that came to be known as “Collateral Murder.”

Manning had previously pled guilty to 10 of the 22 total charges, including “mishandling classified material.”

In February 2013, Manning said that by disclosing the information that he did, he "felt I accomplished something that would allow me to have a clear conscience."

On its Twitter account, WikiLeaks wrote on Tuesday, "Manning faces 136 years on the charges he has been convicted of today. Dangerous national security extremism from the Obama administration."

The Associated Press reports that the Col. Denise Lind, the judge in the case, won't hold a sentencing hearing until Wednesday, at 9:30am Eastern Time. The government has prepared a list of many witnesses that will appear before the court in the coming days as part of the sentencing hearings.

view.gifView: Original Article

• Replies 7
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dMog

• Ambrocious

• nsane.forums

• funkyy

Top Posters In This Topic

That poor guy...he is a hero for showing the crimes committed yet he is treated like a dog. If we ever succeed at turning this nation around, I would like to see him freed from prison.

he is quite lucky this was not done in atime of declared war... brick wall and a firing squad and the press would never of heard of it or him

he is quite lucky this was not done in atime of declared war... brick wall and a firing squad and the press would never of heard of it or him

Rather than looking at this in the eyes of the "law" let's look at this at a humanity view point. What Bradley Manning did was leak information about crimes against humanity, which he in turn is imprisoned and treated inhumanely. The USA government is mostly tyrannical; it's a free for all of crime with no end in sight. I want for the republic to be restored because this oligarchy is killing the nation.

Edited by Ambrocious

ambro...he did the correct thing here..but...look up the defination of crimes against humanity before bandying it about in the future here please...asisde form the fact that your USA government is in no way tyranical...as i said before... go stand on atree corner and say your leader is aloser and then go do that on stret corner in China and see who is tyranical

edit... spelling

Edited by dMog

ambro...he did the correct thing here..but...look up the defination of crimes against humanit before babying it about in the future here please...asisde form the fact that your USA government is in no way tyranical...as i said before... go stand on atree corner and say your leader is aloser and then go do that on stret corner in China and see who is tyranical

Well said dMog. Too many people with anti USA agendas are using this case as their own soapbox of hate. The USA is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination....but at least there are institutions, bodies and a free press that will speak up when the government steps out of line or tries to cover up its wrongdoings and there are millions of ordinary folk there who will fight for that freedom of speech and the politicians know that. There are plenty of countries where that precious freedom doesn't exist. You can voice your support or criticism of soldier Manning, you have that right...but beware of those who would use your support for their own aims.

ambro...he did the correct thing here..but...look up the defination of crimes against humanity before bandying it about in the future here please...asisde form the fact that your USA government is in no way tyranical...as i said before... go stand on atree corner and say your leader is aloser and then go do that on stret corner in China and see who is tyranical

edit... spelling

You do realize we are merging into a more tyrannical system right? That's my point, we are working our way into a system like that.

no...i do not see that ...you see it that way becuase that is what you want to see. do some world trveling ambro...your eyes will truly be opened ... there are not many countries in the world that offer the freedoms and the opertunites your country offers... especially the freedoms..is the USA perfect..no it is not..but by far, one of the best places on the worl to live period...you want to see coruption ... step over the borser to Mexico...venture further into latin america and sotuh america and see how the peoples are treated on those contries by the gevernments and armies and police... not to meantion try to really see how eastern europe was jsut a few short years ago and then try to project the future the Russia under waht Putin is attemting to accomplish... you have absolulty no idea wht is going in the USA or the rest of the world what so ever ...and all becasue you refuse to see what is really there... and you see phantom happenings and things that will never be there

edit for spelling

Edited by dMog