Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1

Guest justice4all

Guest justice4all
The first stage of the beta process for Internet Explorer 7 has begun—developer testing! The latest version of the world’s most popular Web browser has been released for technical evaluation, feedback, and testing by software and Web site developers.

Beta 1 is not intended for broad consumer trial and evaluation but it does offer a preview of some of the benefits that Internet Explorer 7 will offer customers including:

Dynamic security protection

Improved design to make everyday tasks easier and faster

New tools to take you directly to the information you want 

Platform enhancements for developers to improve compatibility and manageability

Note: Remember, this is a beta version, so it may still have some flaws. There will be further refinement between Beta 1 and the final version.

source: microsoft.com/windows/IE/ie7/default.mspx

~snip~

Edit: Please no links to IE 7/ Vista BETA 1. We don't want microsoft on our backs....

• Replies 17
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1 is available now in two versions: a standalone version for Windows XP Service Pack 2, and an enhanced version that is built into Beta 1 of Microsoft Windows Vista—formerly Windows code-named “Longhorn”—to take advantage of new features of the Windows Vista platform.

which version is it?

SliverSamuel

Is it better than firefox? :)

SliverSamuel
In respects.... yes

Like what?

Guest justice4all
~snip~

Edit: Please no links to IE 7/ Vista BETA 1. We don't want microsoft on our backs....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, my bad, wasn't sure if i could post the link.

Is it better than firefox? :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Micro$oft have done a good job with it, but I'm stickin with firefox. I'll wait to hear the reviews after it has been officially released, then I might use it. I reckon firefox will think of something new to top IE7 though.

Guest oxygenuk

ie or firefox? neither

Opera forever ;).

if you need ie7 though just check out my sites downloads ;) \/

Rudeboy2025

IE was once the best but now Firefox is the best in my opinion. I might check this one out when they come out with their final release.

Guest tensegg

cant see me switching back from firefox either, although theres not so much difference with this beta, it even looks like firefox, the tabbed browsing is actually better than ff's imo. Havent used it that much but so far it seems pretty cool, worth a download. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest turkeysalad

I downloaded it just to see different stuff and honestly I still hate it about the same. Tabs are the only good thing they did and after having firefox it makes no difference. No way IE is better than firefox!

SliverSamuel

it has better securities

Changes in IE7:

- Finally got around to fixing the bugs from 2 years ago

- Pretty yellow ring around the icon

- Tabbed browsing

- Thats about it

:ph34r:

Changes in IE7:

- Finally got around to fixing the bugs from 2 years ago

oh my....it took two year to fix the bugs.

I found this in another fourm its Internet Explorer 7 without the validation crap.

Edit: Now what did i say in the first post mate? No links to IE 7, wasn't it? ;) . Please respect our descison. Thanks

Guest justice4all

Firefox is the way to go i rekon, unless M$ thinks of something radically new, i'm never changing. Plus, think of the amount of a'hole's that are going to try and hack IE7. The main thing I hate about it is when you go to a site and minimize it, once you click on it, it doesn't restore [iE6 and 7](dial-up only ;) )...you have to wait for it to fully load up ;) . I'm gonna get cable soon so maybe I can forget the grudge I have against M$ Internet Explorer. :nono:

In order to install go to update and then update.exe

Thet used to happen to me only sometimes.

I just installed it ,Its great ..

SliverSamuel

no its not :lol:

Archived