mother of the year

myidisbb

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050728/ap_on_...WtkBHNlYwM3MTg-

FALLS CHURCH, Va. - A mother was under arrest Wednesday on child endangerment and other charges after authorities said she abandoned her 4-year-old son on the Capital Beltway, then struck him with her car when he tried to get back in.

The boy was treated at a hospital for cuts and bruises, police said. He later was placed in the custody of a child protective services agency.

Police picked him up after receiving a call late Tuesday night from motorist who said she had found a child wandering along Interstate 495.

"I said, 'Why are you out here?' And he said, 'My mommy left me. She was angry and she pushed me out of the car,'" the driver, who asked not to be identified, told WJLA-TV.

Virginia State Police said an investigation determined that Channoah Alece Green, 22, of Newport News, Va., abandoned the boy along the busy highway after she became upset with him.

"As she attempted to drive off, the child was trying to get back in the vehicle and was knocked down," said Sgt. J.L. Doss. That led to a hit and run charge.

State police said they found Green and were able to figure out that she was the child's mother after she was involved in a two-car accident on Interstate 95 north of Richmond, Va., later Tuesday night.

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SliverSamuel

I'm feelin' LuCkY... :D :)

Archived