Look 'n' Stop Firewall is a high performance software firewall with a low resource footprint and key features to protect your computer against cyber threats. It prevents malicious programs from transmitting your data to hackers and also protects your computer from external intrusions. Look 'n' Stop Firewall is officially detected by the Windows Security Center (Action Center with Windows 7) as a well-known firewall providing critical protection for your computer.
The Look 'n' Stop Firewall technology is optimized to keep the performances of your computer and the maximum speed of your Internet connection. It matches any type of computer, from netbooks to servers. Look 'n' Stop Firewall includes cutting edge technologies supporting latest Internet enhancements such as IPV6 (Internet Protocol Version 6).The setup file is just over a megabyte so it's extremely fast to download and to install.
32-bits versions for Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 98.
64-bits versions for Windows 7, Vista, XP 64-bits.
Version 2.07 Added Features:
- Windows 7: Registration to the Action Center.
- 64 bits versions: Protocols detection.
- IPV6: Extension headers support (in filtering rules and packet content display).
- Support for ECE & CWR TCP flags (congestion control) in rule edition and packet content display.
- ICMPV6: for packet content display, added some new text description (for types 141 to 147).
- IGMP: display of the type in the log.
Version 2.07 Changes:
- Vista SP1: Update of the registration to the security center.
- Improvements in protocol detection (available through the registry only).
- For applications starting themselves (typical case: Internet Explorer 8, it's now the initial application (i.e. the grand-parent application) that is detected as starting the application).
- Default rulesets are updated to support IPV6 natively.
- Packet content display: TCP flags now are indicated through letters.
- Software registration now requires an online activation.
- Registration text (in "Registration" tab) now updates with the registration status.
- In the tray icon zone, added some alert message on some important events.
- The registry entry: [HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\MaxUserPort] is used to compute the maximum value of local port.
Version 2.07 Fixes:
- Sometimes some Application Connections popup contained pathname with "\Device\harddisk0…" format.
- Vista/Windows 7: the starting mode as a Service was sometimes available (notably after opening the Advanced Options dialog box and clicking Ok).
- When the configuration is locked with a password, some menus were no longer disabled after translation with the plugin.
- Some errors/crashes appeared with one of the driver when the Driver Verifier tool was used.
- Application Filtering IPV6: port & IP selection through range & mask were not working properly.
- Application Filtering: fixed a problem when full alerts (with IP and Port) were reported to the log with a high rate flow.
Download | x86 Edition.
Download | x64 Edition.